Nine

James' POV

I wasn't expecting a wake-up call from Byn.

But I definitely wasn't expecting to spend all afternoon and night with him. Building Legos and watching movies.

I know I teased him about him missing me, but little did he know just how much I missed him. I thought about him every day. All day. Even when I was practicing my mind drifted to him. 

I also wasn't expecting the way his eyes trailed down my chest when I answered the door. He didn't think I noticed, but I did. And fuck it did something to me. However, I wondered if it was just the mate bond that made him feel that way or if it was because he felt that way.

Byn was more on the leaner side, which didn't bother me at all. I honestly liked the fact I was bigger than him. It'd make it easier when we'd finally--

"These fucking pieces don't go together." Byn huffed out annoyed. We'd still been working on the titanic set I got, but it seemed Byn was struggling to build it. For someone who works with his hands.

"You're thinking too hard about it." I pressed my leg harder onto his. I mean the next best thing would be just to throw his leg over mine but I don't know if that'd freak him out.

"You're not thinking enough." He huffed and I laughed lightly. 

I watched as his eyebrows furrowed together as he focused on the pieces. He didn't even know how much it was affecting me to see him like this. So interested in what I was, and did not complain about it once. My mom and dad try, seeing as I'm the only child, but they always get bored after two hours. 

Byn and I have been going at this for five. And he hasn't complained once.

I just stared, and I'm sure he could sense it. He was just so...gorgeous. I don't know. There was something about him...maybe it was the piercings or his gorgeous eyes or...I don't know. But fuck, what did I do to be blessed with such a handsome mate?

"You're staring at me. Why?" He asked and turned to look at me. Those green eyes...

"I like looking at pretty things," I whispered, my eyes still tracing his face and memorizing every part of his face like it was the only time I'd see it. His cheeks started to shine bright red and a smirk came across my face.

"Shut up," 

"Why?"

"Just don't, that's all."

"Why would I stop when it gets you flustered like this?" I leaned closer and Byn sucked in a breath. I don't know what's coming over me, or why all of a sudden I'm feeling extremely bold but I am. I really am.

My eyes flicked to his lips, and fuck they were the best lips I'd ever seen. Kissing was not in the plan for today, but damn am I not thinking about it now. My hand somehow found its way to his thigh and rested there. Delicious sparks shoot up and down my arm.

"James," Byn whispered, his eyes focused on my lips. My stomach lurched and I felt myself start to grow in my sweats. He said my name so breathlessly that it made my thoughts jumble. 

"Saw my name again." My breath fanned his lips and his tongue flicked out to wet them. I felt something deep and primal start to develop in me and it was surprising but I also welcomed it. And from the scent change coming from Byn, he liked it too.

"Ja--"

"JAMES! Honey, you home! I brought dinner! Also whose truck is that out there? Do you have a guest?"