Mixups

3 months later
Sophie's POV:
Sophie was fully satisfied with her life. She had new friends, a new look, and a new outlook on life: dress well, be happy. She therefore no longer cared about Agatha, or other unpleasant remnants of the past. How could she? She was far too busy with preparing for the Snow Ball.
The Snow Ball, Sophie sighed to herself, perhaps a little too loudly, for the Ever next to her in their Good Deeds class shot her a strange look.
Every new batch of Evers was subjected to the ball, with every girl paring with a boy, or facing the consequences of being found without a date. Of course, this prospect did not worry Sophie, instead, she was prepared to turn down the large number of suitors she wholeheartedly expected, just to win the attention of the only prince she wanted.
Tedros hadn't looked her way for weeks. It didn't matter what Sophie wore, or who she was with, or why she was there, she may as well have been invisible. She was losing hope faster every day, but Sophie was never one to give up. Some said it was one of her less attractive traits, but Sophie firmly believed that her determination was a strength. She would not stop pursuing Tedros until they were arm in arm at the Snow Ball and they were prepared to sail away to their happy future as Queen and King of Camelot.
But she was forgetting something - the Circus of Talents. A chance to showcase her spectacular skills as a princess, and to prove that she was the only one truly worthy of him, after all, only he was worthy enough to satisfy her.
Sophie was too busy pondering which of her many talents she was going to present to notice that class had ended and everyone had left except for their teacher and Dean, Professor Dovey.
"Is everything alright, Sophie?"
Sophie shot her her most simpering smile.
"Everything is positively delightful,"
She started to collect her things and was about to leave the room when the professor called her back.
"Actually Sophie, I've been meaning to talk to you about something,"
Sophie hesitated at the door frame, confused as to why the Dean wanted her, she hadn't broken any rules, except for the one about skirt length - but no one cared about that anyway - in fact it was stranger to see someone with a long skirt wandering the Good halls. She made her way back to the Dean.
"We have had some rather troubling reports about you and a certain student in the school for Evil,"
Sophie gulped, if they found out about her and Agatha's midnight rendezvous then they would surely punish them. What if they banned her from the Circus of Talents, or even the Snow Ball itself? All her dreams of Camelot would be crushed, surely irreparable in the eyes of a future king.
"Apparently, a Never by the name of Hort has been said to be in correspondence with you."
Sophie stared at her dumbfounded.
"Hort?"
Professor Dovey narrowed her eyes. "We know this is true - some students reported him talking to you on more than one occasion this week."
Sophie could barely contain her laugher she was so relieved. Hort! Who even was that?
"I'm sorry Professor, but I have no idea who you are talking about,"
The Dean did not look impressed. "My sources are trustworthy, unless Hort was talking to himself, in a very feminine voice, which I highly doubt - you are in need of a better story,"
By this point Sophie was beginning to feel confused. What was a random Never doing, talking about her behind her back? Who did he think he was? Surely, she thought to herself, he must have been discussing her beauty and charm - which was most certainly widely-known by this point in the school year.
"I assure you, I was not there,"
"Very well,but Sophie, if I discover that you have had any contact, any, with the other school outside of school appropriated times, then there will be consequences,"
Sophie gulped, and hoped that her face hadn't drained of blood as visibly as it felt. But then she stood tall. No-one could intimidate and distract her from her goals. No-one. So she was going to find this Hort and give him a piece of her mind (in one of their joint lessons of course, Sophie would never dream of breaking the rules) so that she could turn her full attention once again to Tedros.

Sophie scowled to herself as she made her way down to the bridge connecting the schools, late at night, and under the cover of a dark cloak. It turned out that Hort was practically invisible. Nobody really knew who he was, let alone what he looked like, and thus Sophie had not been able to find him. She had had to resort to more desperate measures - for example, listening into every dorm room until she found his. Crossing the bridge was relatively easy since Agatha had told her how - her reflection wasn't exactly smart (this reflection was not a true imitation of her, surely), and now all she had to do was find his room. There were only a handful of  doors scattering the boy's dormitory wing of the school, so it didn't take much eavesdropping until she found him. He was in the only room that was silent, or at least she hoped he was, and it wasn't just someone else, even less known than him. Sophie knew he was awake due to the faint light surrounding his door, and decided it was better now than never. She pushed his door open with a mighty creak and stood menacingly over his room.
Hort screamed.
Sophie quickly shut the door and he clamped a hand over his mouth, immediately sitting straighter on his bed amd seemingly combing back his unruly hair. She noticed his unusual choice of attire - a worn pair of frog pyjamas, and immediately took a step away. She didn't want to be associating herself with someone of the likes of him - weasel-like and pathetic, so she was just going to have to make this quick.
"You've been talking about me," she said sharply, eyes narrowed in accusation.
Hort did not respond, and his jaw was still literally open in shock. He seemed to take a few calming breaths to collect himself before replying.
"Um.. no?"
Sophie could see his guilt displayed as clearly across his face as she could the sun at midday.
"I don't believe you. Why were you talking about me? And who to?"
"Erm," he stuttered, unsure.
"Spit it out,"
"Alright then, I was talking to myself, practicing for a conversation with you, and I know who you are - because I saw you with that girl Agatha, talking about books and grades and stuff and I listened in. I'm  sorry I couldn't help it you're just so beautiful and-"
"Stop," she cut him off, leaving him breathless and panting. Sophie wasn't usually one to interrupt somebody when they were speaking of her beauty, but what he had just referred to was too important. No one could know about Agatha helping her, or it would surely make its way to Dean Dovey, and then she'd be done for.
"You tell this to no-one. Nobody, you hear me?"
Hort nodded frantically, shrinking away from her sharp tone.
"If you tell a single soul then I will come for you and make you regret your very existence,"
She strode out into the corridor, but not before he had the opportunity to ask her to stay longer - not likely, she thought, unwilling to add to his obvious crush on her - for once. It would be better if he just forgot about her, and everything he had ever seen entirely.
Sophie strode to her school, shoulders raised, back straight, and feeling more confident than she had in a long time.

She was unstoppable.