88.3. The Other Way Around - Part 3

I get annoyed when I find myself standing on that ancient stone platform again. Couldn't my father give me generously one more day? But I'm ready to properly face him today. I've survived an encounter with the force that drove the Divementis out of their home dimension. I'm sure that I can fend against my father now.

I freeze when I turn around and discover that my father isn't alone. Three more figures are standing next to him, studying me. They don't bother with any disguise so they look Divementis right from the start. All of them are as androgynous and ageless as me and I finally understand why my looks must be so unnerving to people.

"You're finally letting us meet him," one of the Divementis says and I have trouble recognising whether it's a man or a woman. Not that it matters.

"Your real biological offspring," another Divementis contemplates.

"You mated with a lower species," the third Divementis spits. "Tell us why we shouldn't kill that thing on the spot. It's an abomination!"

"You won't because he's our best shot at reclaiming our lost home," my father clicks his tongue and looks at me with a hint of pride, "and because he's my son which makes him your prince."