89.1. Double Royalty - Part 1

I instinctively hold my breath, even though there's no actual air in this dreamy dimension. What did my father just say? Did I hear right? Me, a Divementis prince?

I stare at my father, then at those three Divementis who came to accompany him today. Who are they anyway? Did they invade my dream just to confirm that I'm indeed what my father claims I am? I have no reason to think that he would be lying, but still... it's hard to believe.

"You know that he's mine, you saw the results of the DNA test," my father says calmly and gives me a strange look. It's not a disgusted or disappointed look, though. There's a hint of... pride? No, my eyes must be playing tricks on me.

"That may be, but he's still a half-breed that shouldn't exist in the first place," one of the Divementis looks at me with contempt. "Besides, he has no claim to the throne if he can't even access the Archive."

"Actually, he can," my father answers with a victorious smirk. "I let him roam the dreamscape on his own a few days ago to see what he would do and not only did he discover the Archive, he managed to access it. The system even recognised him as the Supreme Administrator as if it was me."

That leaves the three Divementis speechless. It's obvious they didn't expect that. My father moves closer to me which makes me flinch. I want to say something, but I just gasp for the illusionary air instead. All of this is... too unreal.

"His looks might be Celestial, but his brain is that of a Divementis," my father continues. "He learns quickly, just as someone from the royal bloodline would. He even managed to defend himself against our Enemy which isn't something an average Divementis would be able to do."

The three Divementis look at each other, frowning.

"Aefener needs to stand before the Divementis Council first," another Divementis insists. "Even if he's Your Majesty's son, there are procedures to follow if we are to accept him."

"You will address him by his rightful title," my father clicks his tongue.

"His Highness Prince Aefener," the Divementis makes a correction, not daring to disobey their sovereign. That title feels wrong somehow. I'm not a prince, I'm an emperor!

The three Divementis give me their last scrutinous look, then bow submissively and disappear with a flicker. It's only me and my father now. We stay quiet for a while—my father considering his next words, me trying to calm my wildly beating heart and trembling wings.

"I understand this must be a huge surprise for you, Aefener," he addresses me by my name for the very first time and tries to slowly cut the distance between us. "It's true, I'm no ordinary Divementis. I rule whatever is left of our once glorious empire."

"What's your name?" I ask. I realise only now that I actually don't know. I know only his fake human name.

"Althorion Lorthane Serthorius Dralthor Morvandus," he articulates carefully, using the Divementis pronunciation that doesn't sound alien to me at all.

"Ehm...," I bite my lip because I forgot it immediately.

"Your mother called me Orion," he benevolently gives me a shortened version. "She found it funny to call me after a star and that part is in my first name anyway so I didn't mind. Still, I would prefer you call me 'father.'"

I'm sceptical about that, but I guess it would be weird to call him by the nickname my Mom used. I keep staring at him, unsure what to do or say. It's difficult to process that my father isn't only an alien from another dimension; he's royalty on top of that. Does it make me a double royal I wonder?