Fredrick Chase

A/N: This meme made me cry while laughing! That has never happened before!

Annabeth adjusted Columbia on her hip before taking a deep breath and knocking on the door. It swung open immediately to reveal her dad, Frederick Chase. He opened his arms, like he wanted a hug, before noticing the small child in her arms that was sucking her thumb.

"Hi Annabeth! I missed you! Come in!"

"Uh...hey Dad..." Annabeth said awkwardly. She wasn't sure what to do now.

"Bobby, Matthew! Annabeth is here!"

"Annabeth!" The twins shouted, running down the stairs.

"Hey guys! I missed you!" She handed Columbia to Percy so she could hug them.

"Annabeth? Is that you?" Asked Helen as she came around the corner.

"Hi Helen," Annabeth said as she took back Columbia, who was starting to fall asleep.

"Who's this?" Bobby asked, pointing to Columbia. Annabeth and Percy glanced at each other uneasily.

"Um...this is Columbia..."

"She's cute."

Fredrick coughed to get everyone's attention on him. "So...You two can sleep in your old room Annabeth." Annabeth frowned.

"What about Columbia?"

"She's going to stay in your room with you. She's the other part of 'you two'. Percy can sleep in the guest room." Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"Dad, we've been married for a year."

"I don't care. You still aren't allowed to sleep in the same room while under my roof." 

Annabeth was about to protest, but Percy stopped her. "Annie, it's fine. It's just while we're here." Annabeth glared at her dad but didn't say anything.

"Well, dinners ready. If you guys are hungry," Helen said. Columbia leaned over and poked Annabeth's shoulder.

"I'm hungry," she whispered. Annabeth smiled.

"Okay. Yes, we'll have some dinner. Thank you, Helen." Helen smiled and they all followed her to the dining room.

While they were eating, Columbia knocked her water over causing it to spill into Annabeth's lap.

"Oops. Sorry, Mama," She said. Annabeth sighed and reached for a napkin.

"It's okay, baby. You didn't mean to."

A loud clatter was suddenly heard as Fredrick dropped his knife and fork loudly.

"Annabeth, may I talk to you and Percy, please? Alone?" Fredrick said through gritted teeth. Annabeth glared at him but nodded. 

"B, can you go with Bobby and Matthew?" Percy asked Columbia. She looked between her parents and Fredrick and nodded. She slowly got up and followed the boys. Annabeth looked back over at Fredrick and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why did you want to talk to us, Dad?"

"Did-what did you say her name was? Columbia?- Did Columbia just call you mama?!" Annabeth looked over at Percy uneasily. He glanced back at her, uncertain.

"Maybe."

"What does that mean?"

"She means," Percy said. "Yes, Columbia called her mama." 

Fredrick stiffened. "Are saying that that toddler is your daughter?!"

Annabeth sighed and uncrossed her arms. "Yes, she's our daughter. She's two years old. I had her when I was 18."

Fredrick glared at Percy. "Are you telling me that you got my daughter pregnant when she was 18?!" Percy sighed, holding back the sass that was trying to break free.

"Sir, with all due respect, I knew I wanted to marry Annabeth since we were 17. I was completely ready to take care of Columbia, even though we were 18. You may think it was a mistake, but we don't. We love our daughter and would do anything for her."

Annabeth smiled over at her husband proudly. Fredrick's glare was failing to keep in place.

"...I don't think having a child at 18 was smart, but I am glad you decided to stay with Annabeth and take care of her."

"Always. I'd do anything for those two."

"Well, I suppose we should tell the others about this. Bobby! Matthew! Helen! You may come back in here."

They slowly walked back in with Columbia holding Bobby's hand and sucking her thumb. She walked over to Percy, climbed into his lap, and laid her head on his chest before closing her eyes. Percy gently rubbed circles on her back. Fredrick watched them quietly.

"Are you gonna tell us that Annabeth and Percy are Columbia's parents?"

"Y-yes," Fredrick said, surprised. "How did you know?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "They're not stupid. Besides, you're not the only one who heard her call me mama. Yes, she's our daughter."

"Cool." the twins said. Annabeth smirked.

"Well, shall we continue eating?" Helen asked. Everyone nodded and sat back down.

After dinner, Fredrick pulled Annabeth aside to talk privately.

"Annabeth, we're having a Chase family reunion tomorrow. It's being hosted here. You may not go by Chase anymore, but we would like you to stay for it." Annabeth's eyes widen.

"Dad, I can't! Only Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Lucille, Uncle Richard, and Mary actually like me! The others have always disapproved of me! They'll go crazy when they learn I had a kid before I got married! When Aunt Lucille had Mary before marrying Uncle Richard, the family almost disowned her!"

"Well, at least you'll have some allies. Please, Annabeth. I'm begging you." Annabeth sighed. 

"Fine. But only this once." Fredrick nodded. "I need to go get Columbia ready for bed. Goodnight, Dad."

A/N: This is the end of this chapter. What do you think? I was stuck for soooooo long! Part of Fredrick Chase getting to know Columbia will be in the family reunion. That's for the next chapter! Thank you to all of you who have stuck with this story! I really hope you're enjoying it!