chapter 2 - ok the exposition is over

After various strange dreams, Caleb found himself in the plane of fire again. Now he was fed up with this place interrupting his perfectly good dreams.

"Holy shit wait... I just realized I'm dreaming! That means I'm lucid dreaming for once!"

Caleb decided to take advantage of this by willing himself out of the field realm and hopefully into somewhere where he could enjoy the rest of the lucid dream, which was pretty much anywhere. Caleb didn't have lucid dreams very often, and wasted the experience almost every time for weird purposes. This time was different, as nothing was going on right now besides him floating in a void of fire.

Caleb attempted to use his brainpower to create something solid, but noticed nothing was happening.

"Huh... that's weird... usually I can just make stuff appear in lucid dreams... well I guess that means I can't do anything for the next few hours as I sit here..."

A loud rumbling sound could be heard from all angles, similar to things Caleb had heard before in his dreams. The fire started to close in on Caleb as the sound got louder, eventually encasing him in fire.

"Well shit I guess this is what I get for trying to play with fire LMAO THAT WAS THE BEST ONE LINER CALEB yeah I know Caleb you're so hot *makes out with you sloppy style uwu*"

Caleb's eyes jolted open suddenly as the dream came to an end, the rumbling sound still ringing in his ears.

"Ah fuck I was so close to figuring that shit out... well, better luck next time i guess"

Caleb continued to lay in bed, as he felt warmer than usual and didn't want to waste the comfyness he felt in bed. He slept for at least another hour before he decided to get up.

When Caleb drowsily reached for his bedstead to check his phone, he immediately woke up to full awareness.

His hands were not hands anymore, all he saw was a mass of... feathers? Was he still dreaming? Did he actually just dream of himself laying in bed for an hour?

"holy shit"

No, everything was real, he could read the letters on the poster on the other side of the room.

"It's finally happened... I'm finally something other than a human! This is the best day of my life right next to that day I ate a really good turkey cheese sandwich!"

Caleb immediately got out of bed to see what exactly he was. He assumed from the feathers he was some kind of bird, and a large one at that. He was just as tall as he was before thankfully so being a dinky bastard wouldn't be an issue. He found that he had firey red and bright orange feathers across his body, as well as a yellow underbelly.

He quickly found out his wingspan when his tail feathers knocked into his shelf, causing him to immediately freak out and smack his wings I to it to prevent it from falling over. Both of his wings were about 7 feet long, which meas he likely wasn't a flightless bird considering his size.

He also quickly noticed most of his senses were greatly improved.

"Well I guess my hearing won't be as shit anymore after all those years of full volume headphones"

"Anyways time for the most important part, can I turn back?"

Caleb first tried willing himself back using his mind, since that's what most fictional shapeshifters did. this did not work one bit so Caleb decided to use other methods.

Caleb had thought about this scenario happening before, and his second guess was to try his made up method, trying to flex muscles that don't exist on the human body. It sounded a lot less gross in his head but it was his last resort.

After a few minutes of that, he managed to activate some muscle near his stomach that caused him to transform back into a human. The transformation was near instant, like an animation with no frames between 2 points.

He then attempted to activate the same muscle as a human, and thankfully, it returned him back to his bird form.

Caleb then remembered the fire dreams, and realized the dreams must be linked to his transformation.

"Wait... what's a bird-like creature related to fire... HOLY SHIT I'M A PHEONIX?!?!? that is... something I was not expecting to turn into if I got into this scenario but something I'll gladly take over the existential terror of being a boring human!"

Caleb decided he should go to the forest to figure out his new form in a more... destructible place. He went downstairs and got a bag from the closet to store his stuff in since a bird can't wear backpacks. He then got on his bike and started riding into the forest.

Alr that was chapter 2!!1!11!11!

Now u know what he tfd into lmaooo

As a reminder, I'm VERY open to critiscism

Criticize me daddy owo