chapter 10 - Damn Daniel! 🐬 🐬 🐬 🐬 🐬 🐬

Thankfully for Caleb, it was not that hard to convince kyper's dad to let Caleb stay for the night. His dad seemed really overworked, maybe because of all the preparations for the human contact thingy? Either way, Caleb was excited to finally learn more about the pheonix world without any of the huge risks.

Speaking of learning, on the way there, Caleb had discovered a new elemental technique using the fire and air element, which he called the dash. It was a very useful ability that allowed him to propel himself in one direction for a second.

"This new dash move I've discovered is eerily similar to dashing in celeste, which may come in useful later," said Caleb "not to brag or anything, but I'm halfway through the strawberry jam advanced lobby and still going."

"I do not know what any of what you just said meant" kyper responded.

"Whatever, you're just a beta cuck" Caleb joked, kyper giving him a stare of confusion.

"Well anyways," kyper said, "now that we're in a safer environment, what would you like to learn about pheonix culture?"

"Ok first off, remember when you told me pheonixes reproduce asexually? Since you don't fuck, do you guys have gender?" Caleb asked.

"What's a gender?" Kyper asked back.

"Uhhh I'm just gonna take that as a no..." Caleb responded. He could not explain how gender worked without it taking 10 hours.

Caleb had brought his laptop, which was on his phone's wifi, so that they could watch the entirety of battle for dream island together. It was certainly an odd choice of a first series to watch with someone, but they both enjoyed it nonetheless.

It was 10 pm when they had finished season 1, and kyper had an idea on what to do next.

"Hey Caleb I got an idea on something fun we could do!" Kyper exclaimed "why don't we sneak into the royal castle and look at some of their shit? I could get us out of trouble in there since I got connections from my dad being a royal gaurd."

"Why tf would we do that?!??!?!?" Caleb asked.

"Because it'd be fun, plus, we can see how they're making those portals!" Kyper responded.

"Aright fine, let's go." Caleb admitted.

They both snuck out of kyper's house to head over to the castle, which had a surprising lack of gaurds. If they got caught, kyper would have to use his w Ohio skibidi toilet rizz to distract the person for Caleb to get away.

Thankfully, it must have been an off night for the gaurds, as noone was moving around. They decided to check in every room to see what cool stuff they could find.

The first room they looked in was the guest bedroom, which was exactly as they had expected. Fully furnished and decorated with lots of lavish looking doodads and such.

Thy explored a while longer, with most of the rooms being the same, albeit with slight changes. The final room Caleb decided to check was a completely unlabeled room. He entered to room to see a very strange sight.

The room was covered in red string and corkboards, all of which were covered with sketches and names he didn't recognize. All of the string points towards one name...

Skystreak

Wasn't that the name of the missing royal family member he had heard of from his initial visit? Whoever made all of this had been searching constantly for them. Who was this mysterious skystreak? Were they dead? Did they get kidnapped? And who made this room such a mess? Was it his mom? Or someone trying to get the reward?

Caleb had thought about what this skystreak looked like. A face reconstruction wouldnt help because, To be honest, Caleb wasn't too good with faces, especially when all of the facial features of the pheonixes looked about the same. One thing he did notice was a distinct marking all the royal family seemed to all have, that being a white streak underneath their eyes and another on their wings. Caleb didn't know if this was a royal exclusive feature, but was very sure it could be a lead to finding skystreak.

They both left the palace, returning back to kyper's house for the rest of the night. They both yet again dozed off in the same straw nest.