chapter 4 - is this a reference to transported? the book by randomman88?

Getting kidnapped by a pheonix with armor and a spear was the last thing Caleb expected to happen in that forest. After that pheonix found him it knocked Caleb out by whacking him with a spear. Next thing he knew, he was in a sack being transported somewhere. The thing transporting him, which he assumed was the pheonix he met earlier, was clearly flying since the wind was blowing incredibly hard on the sack.

Caleb was rapidly thinking of all the possibilities for the places he could be taken. He decided it would be best to just roll with it and think later.

Caleb thought he might as well attempt to reason with his kidnapper, since he had nothing better to do.

"Hey uhhh I know you're kinda busy kidnapping me, but can you like, not?" Was the best Caleb could muster up. He wasn't the best at confrontation or talking in general. "Thanks a lot autism!"

"Sorry kid, you know the rules. All the portals are off limits until domestic relations are set up."

The fuck did that mean? From what Caleb could gather, this guy may not be actually kidnapping him, but instead enforcing law? It made much more sense now that Caleb thought about it some more. Was there a whole sovereign nation of pheonixes trying to set up domestic relations with humans? That would make sense, but doesn't seem to relate to him being able to turn into one of them. He would have to find out soon.

Eventually, he felt the bag hit the ground, which wasn't very pleasant on his end. His kidnapper, or whatever it was, opened the bag and let him out.

"Don't EVER try that again or you WILL have a punishment. Be glad i got you on one of my good days." The bird threatened. "Now go back home scum" It was clear Caleb had no real other options but to hide in this new realm for now and find a way back sometime later. As Caleb turned around his eyes widened in bewilderment.

Behind him was a GIANT ASS GATE. He assumed he would be brought to a city of some sort, but he wasn't expecting something THIS big.

"OPEN THE GATE SLAG" Screamed the gaurd who so rudely kidnapped him. Seconds later the gates opened wide enough for Caleb to fit through. The guard motioned him inside and flew off, likely to go back on patrol in the human realm.

Caleb stepped through the gates, expecting some nimona type shit. He was then immediately disappointed as it looked like a fairly average midevial fantasy village, which was fair. The pheonixes likely don't have human-level technology yet, which may explain them wanting domestic relations with humans?

Caleb decided his vest bet was to find some abandoned house he could stay the night in. He started his walk towards the back of the city, which would likely be where the least people, or birds if you wanna day that instead, were.

As he was walking he saw lots of pheonixes going through their everyday motions. He didn't look too out of place thankfully as most of them didn't wear any clothes besides maybe a bag if that could be considered one. A surprising amount of them weren't flying, which he noticed was mostly very young and old pheonixes, which made pretty much perfect sense to Caleb. He decided he should probably fly the rest of the way there, since that would probably be faster and make him blend in more.

Before Caleb took off, something caught his eye posted on the side of a house. It was a flyer and he decided to look at what it said.

"'Missing pheonix, name: skystreak, lost around 14 years ago, 100,000 coin reward.' Well that confirms they are pheonixes"

"Its Sad isn't it, losing your child so early on in their life?"

The pheonix announcing their presence so unexpectedly made called physically jump backwards, bonking himself into the other pheonix.

"OH FUCK IM SO SORRY YOU SCARED ME" Caleb apologized frantically.

"It's fine, I tend to scare people a lot." Said the pheonix. "I haven't seen you around, are you from the other side of the city?"

"Y-yeah I am" Caleb lied, hoping they wouldn't notice, hopefully his lessened facial expressions would help him hide his lies. He wouldn't be considered the greatest liar.

"Alrighty then! I'm kyper by the way, what's your name?" Caleb assumed this was a guy, HE ALSO HAS TO COME UP WITH A FAKE NAME AND FAST!

"Uh my name's..." Caleb hoped he could do the thing in that one gumball episode and look at 2 objects to find a suiting name. The only nearby thing he could make out was kyper himself.

"Well he's red, and has wings. Maybe Redwing will work? It'll do for now"

"Red... wing... Redwing!"

"Uh did you really have to sound it out for me?" Kyper asked. Caleb felt so stupid, which was a very common occurrence to be honest.

"Sorry, I just forget my name sometimes, it's a me problem" Caleb bluffed.

"Well, red... wing..." kyper joked, "I'll see you around!"

"Y-yeah you too" Caleb said and jumped into the air to fly away as quickly as he could. He was NOT dealing with more awkward moments like that.

Caleb was able to find an abandoned house surprisingly quickly, the back side of town was much less populated as he predicted. Caleb found what he assumed was a bed, which really was a large straw nest, and sat in it, hoping he'd be comfortable enough to sleep through the night.

Once Caleb fell asleep, he had a normal dream for once. The oncler was there twerking on sans while dababy convertible was flying them to Tokyo on their honeymoon.

Yass that was chapter 4 DABLOONS, my favorite one to write so far since we can actually see the pheonix society!

All names here were made up ON THE SPOT :)

Good night slags!!!1!1!11!1