chapter 3 - so, what can you do?

Caleb arrived at his destination in a few minutes. The spot in the forest was a small and secluded spot, Noone could find him there. He always went here when his mom wanted him to get out of the house and not be on his computer for a little bit.

Caleb found the muscle near his gut again and transformed back into his pheonix form

"Its morbin time slagmeisers"

Caleb decided the first thing he should try is flying. Caleb climbed up a tree, which is significantly easier with sharp talons, and attempted to glide to the ground.

This was surprisingly easy, and Caleb managed to softly land on the ground. This was progress.

Caleb then climbed up the tree again, and attempted to actually fly. Caleb managed to keep himself midair for a few minutes before deciding to stop, it was surprisingly easy.

"Wow, I guess I really am a fast learner.  Now to see what else I can do"

Caleb thought about what pheonixes generally do. Would he try to do that revive thing? No, he wasn't in the mood for killing himself. Maybe he could test his fire immunity? No that would also be too risky. Speaking of fire, why not see if he could breath it? That would have to do.

"How does it work though? I hope I don't get a sore throat from that, I hate sore throats. I'll try a variety of methods."

Caleb first tried to breath out really hard, which just made him hyperventilate from the loss of oxygen. Caleb then attempted to will some fire into existence, which sounded smarter in his head.

"Welp, when in doubt, look for a muscle you never had"

Caleb pushed on his neck, he still wasn't used to the feathers all over him. Something  on the back of his neck felt a bit like a sack of gas. He tried to squish it with the muscles around it and a yellow-ish gas started leaking out of his beak. The gas drifted upwards for a few seconds before igniting into a pillar of fire, which went far past the trees.

"Woah... that was SO FUCKING EPIC! now to see if there's a way to ignite it in a more specific direction and faster."

Caleb pushed out more gas, but with more force, and thought maybe if he quickly smacked his beak shut it would ignite quicker. This worked, causing a horizontal pillar of fire to extend a few feet in front of him.

Caleb was extremely excited to be able to use these abilities. He couldn't think of any immediate reasons to use them in the first place. Maybe he could become a superhero? HELL NO that would require talking to people! That's the worst possible conclusion.

Suddenly, Caleb heard some rustling in the bushes behind him, and assumed it was just a small animal.

He did not expect what would pop out.

Caleb looked behind him to see... another pheonix? This one being about a foot taller than him and wearing some sort of armor. Was he not the only one to be transformed? Is there an entire hidden race of pheonixes living in an alternate dimension? Is he asking to many questions this chapter?

"HEY!" the other pheonex shouted in an unexpectedly deep voice. "What are you doing on the other side of te gateway?!? This area is strictly off limits!"

"Uhhh I think this may be a misunderstanding-" Caleb said before he noticed the spear the other pheonix had coming right at him.

"HOLY SHIT I AM GONNA GO TO JAIL FOR THIS SHIT"

THAT WAS CAPTER THREEEEEEE

I hope u liked it uwu the plot us actually starting to pick up!!!!!!!!!!1!1!11!11

I'm camping now btw, which won't affect my upload schedule on here if ur following te series.

BYE FUR NOW JSJDJQOCJHD