PART 4

Anant had reached court with his lawyer to get married to Shreya Raheja... His family was coming in their cars... But today again his step siblings didn't feel necessary to come...

Anant looked at his watch, only 20 minutes were left for their turn to go in... the next minute his family reached there... His grandfather was wearing a classy sherwani, while his father was in his office clothes, three pieces. His stepmother was wearing an elegant saree with some classy jewellery... Anant himself was in his regular clothes, a tuxedo...

After five minutes, the Screeching of tiers were heard... Anant knew who it would be, but he didn't pay any attention towards the people running towards his family after getting out of their car...

"Woah! Thank God we reached on time, 5 minutes are still left" Smriti said looking at the time on her watch... Anant shook his head before looking at Raheja's... His eyes met with Smriti and Vikrant's eyes before they fell on Shreya...

His eyes showed clear confusion looking at the thin girl standing there in a maroon-coloured Saree ... she looked hell-nervous as her hands were shaking and rubbing them together every other second... Saree covered her whole body, also the blouse sleeves were full arm... her neck was adorned by a choker, other than that she was wearing some loose bangles on her very thin and small hands... her hair was done curly and open... her face was covered with a lot of makeup which made her skin look like a cake layer... Her eyes never looked up, which bothered Anant a lot... His observing her came to an end when his lawyer asked him to come inside the courtroom...

In the next 10 minutes, Anant and Shreya were asked to sign their marriage papers... Anant signed them and placed them in front of Shreya whose breathing was uneven as she felt sweat beads forming on her forehead...

"Uhh.. um... Shreya can't sign these papers" Spoke Smriti looking nervously at Anant and Judge...

"Why? What's the problem?" Asked Anant's lawyer...

"Umm actually Shreya had cut her right index finger by mistake, and because of that she can't hold a pen or sign... but we can take her thumb impression" She said nervously...

Anant immediately looked at her finger and saw a small bandage there...  He looked at her face which was still looking down... it looked suspicious to him but he thought to ignore it for now...

Later, Shreya's thumb impressions were used to complete the marriage... everyone congratulated the new couple as one by one they blessed them... Anand Mahadeva came near his newly married grandson and hugged him feeling extremely emotional... after hugging Anant he looked at Shreya and placed his right hand on her head to bless her... Shreya at the same time looked up to see the person touching her... Anant saw some discomfort in her eyes which didn't set well to him...

"Let's go," He said and started walking out of the courtroom... Shreya as instructed stood there looking at the floor, waiting for her new master's instructions... Sharmila took into a queue and asked Shreya to come with them... She silently followed them...

"Dad, you please go with the driver, I will bring the new bride home as we have to go to some temple on the way and it will take some time.." Sharmila said very smartly... Anant was already settled in his car waiting for his wife to come and join him... the word wife felt like a very big responsibility to him... He didn't know what the future holds for them, but he was afraid of nothing....

He saw his wife coming out with his stepmother and then getting in her car... all this scene changed his mind about going home with his wife... He wore his shades and asked the driver to take him to the office...
_

______________

"Where's Dad?" Sharmila asked one of the servants as they just entered the Mahadeva villa...