Part 8

Anant's POV

I carefully lead down Shreya on his bed and put a duvet over her to cover her.... I looked at her face and saw only stress and some longingness... She had grown up in a good family, also she had all the freedom and things which one human being will need to live a happy life, then why it feels like she is lacking something big in her life? Is it because she don't know who are her real parents...

"Sir doctor is here" I turned my head towards the door and saw a servant standing there with our family doctor... I nodded my head in acknowledgement of Doctor... Mrs. Sandhu, She is our family doctor... I know her since I was a child... Grandpa always took me to her only whenever I fell sick...

"How are you Anant?" She asked while smiling at me... I made some room for her as she proceeded towards Shreya for checkup...

"She had fell unconscious suddenly" I said ignoring her question... I never like to answer this question... It is stupid for me ask such question when you can not change a single thing in another person's life.

"You can never change Anant, let me check her blood pressure" She said while taking out bp meter out of her kit... She carefully examined her for next 10 minutes... Meanwhile I kept standing there, I don't even know why I am standing here..

"Anant does she takes a lot of stress? Her bp is very low and I think you should get her blood tests done" She said finally breaking the silence...

"I don't know doctor.. If you thinks there is a need of test then do it" I said...

"hmm did she had something in breakfast?" She asked me... How do I tell her that I don't know... Since the morning I have not seen her face...

"I don't know doctor.." I said looking out of the large window of my room which connected balcony with the room...

"how you don't know? She is your wife after all..." after not getting any reply she took a sigh and again started speaking... "Look Anant I have given her an injection for now, but from the next time you have to be more careful... Also if she is on any diet or something if by chance you know?" She asked me doubtfully....

"I really don't know anything about her doctor... Its an arranged marriage and we still in process of getting to know each other so I don't know much about her.." I explained her...

"Oh ok, do one thing, bring her tomorrow to hospital, There I will run some tests on her... And one more thing, Looking at her I don't know why it looks like she is malnutrition..." I turned my head around in shock looking at her....

"Don't take me wrong... If she is on a diet then still she should not look like the way she is right now, but let it be... wait for tomorrow ..... " she said while packing her things...

"I have prescribed her some medicines... Get these medicines and make sure she eats something before taking these medicines as it might be a heavy dose for her..." She said while extending a slip in her hand towards me... I nodded my head taking the slip form her... I looked at the slip and then at the retiring figure of doctor... MALNUTRITION? Can it be a possibility?

I asked one of the house help to get the medicines from the market... Returning to my room I saw her small figure shivering under the duvet... coming near to her I could hear her murmuring something...

"Shreya? Shreya?" I called her name, but there was no any movement... I walked closer to her and touched her right cheek softly with my thumb... Her lips stopped murmuring things... She started taking deep breathes....

"Shreya" I called her name as softly as I could... She slowly opened her eyes taking the surroundings in... Is she the same girl whom I was about to divorce? whom I had lashed this morning? Before I could stop questioning myself, she looked at me and suddenly her eyes opened wide and in haste she tried to get up from the bed, but I immediately stopped her while holding her from shoulders...

"Stop! lay down" I said unintentionally in my cold voice with no emotions... She never looked at my face, but just laid down again on the bed.... Anyone could tell that she is nervous... But Why? May be because of the divorce... I again covered her with duvet and came downstairs to ask cook to make something light and healthy for her...

"Anant how's she now?" I heard grandpa's voice from the hall.... I walked to him first...

"She is weak, doctor said we have to done some tests tomorrow" I informed him...

"hmm... Make sure she eats something good before sleeping" He advised me and agreed to him.. Coming to kitchen I instructed our cook for making something healthy and light for her... Well I am not much use to with caring for others... I have only cared for grandpa... This is something and i don't know how long this going to end...

Coming to my room I saw her laying in the same posture when I left the room... She fearfully looked at me as if I was going to eat her... Suddenly she started crying looking at me... I felt strange looking at her crying face, I corner of my heart said to hug her and stop her from crying anymore... But a big part of my brain said not to trust traitors tears...

I walked to her to know the reason behind her tears... She joined her shivering hands as I proceeded towards her... Why she is doing this?

"Why are you acting like this, I had asked you to rest... now stop crying or you will get more sick.." the moment these words left my lips, she wiped her tears and looked at me with hopeful eyes... There is something in her eyes which is saying that I should protect her from the cruel world... God! she is like a puzzle to me.. The only daughter of Raheja's is behaving like a ... I don't know what but She is behaving very strange...

"Sir dinner is ready" Cook came to my room pushing a trolly.. I took the trolly form him and closed the door...

"Have this soup then you have to take medicines.." I said while pushing the trolly next to her.. She got up from the bed and sat there... I picked up a small bowl and served her in that.. She took the bowl and started eating like she had not had anything since morning.... Still she couldn't complete half of the bowl and she was full...

"you are done?" I asked her in surprise.. she nodded her head..

"No you should have more.. you have to take medicines and that too of heavy dose" I said explaining to her...

"sorry.. but I..i am full.." She said with a shivering voice.. I didn't wanted to force her so I agreed and gave her medicines and made her sleep again... She is weird, mysterious and many more... I need to know her yet..

Hey everyone! I hope you are enjoying the story...