3

Chapter 3

Parker sat on the side of the bed scrolling on his phone through the page he had received hours ago from his friend to analyze the family camp again he was invited to go.

River returned from the bathroom to get on the bed next to her husband, which was still using the phone. River noticed Parker analyzing the page, then kneed beside him.

"Have you already told Ethan, that we're coming?" Asked the brunette.

"Not yet," Responded Parker. "Actually I didn't really think about it anymore,"

"Come, give him a call. I'm sure they will be happy for us," Mentioned River making Parker nod, then leave to search for Ethan's number to call him. River crossed her legs while sitting to watch her husband make the call and smiled a little as he heard Ethan accept the call.

"Hey. I thought you changed your mind," Ethan spoke making Parker chuckle.

"Actually, we just discussed about it with the kids about an hour ago. They have mixed feelings about it, but are interested in coming with us,"

"Great! We have already discussed meeting at the Villa Alto. Are you okay to meet on Saturday at 10?" Questioned the blonde.

"It's alright. The ride is long isn't it?" Questioned Parker.

"Around seven to eight hours. It depends on the traffic. Davy offered to be the lead with the GPS. Their system is the most advanced one, so we just have to follow each other on the road,"

"That sounds good," Commented Parker.

"Sure....and how have you been doing? I didn't have the chance to ask you this,"

"Well, I'm good," Responded Parker with a small cackle, then glimpsed at River, who sat there beside him listening to him on the phone. Parker raised his eyebrows upon meeting his wife's eyes, which seemed to want something from the raven-haired.

"Parker? Are you still there?"

"Oh sorry....uhm....look, actually, I've been feeling quite down lately. I don't know, what's exactly going on. I just feel like....something is...missing. I just don't know what. All I do know is, that I'm feeling different," Parker explained watching River give him a thumb up, then place her hand on his shoulder to support him in the conversation.

"Okay, could this mean, that you might need some vacation? Would this lift your mood?"

"I don't know. I actually have never felt like this before. This feeling is....new to me,"

"Okay, look we're all going to see each other on Saturday anyway. I'm sure it's easier for both of us to talk with each other in person. It sort of sounds for me like you're stuck in a midlife crisis eventually,"

"Hmm.....I don't know,"

"Don't worry about it, Parks. We will figure out a way to make you feel better. Usually, you just need a few little changes to feel better,"

"Sure, thanks for you offer. I'm glad about it,"

"No problem. Look, I haven't taken a shower yet and I have to go in there before Jesse goes. He usually takes longer,"

"Alright, see you on Saturday,"

"See you on Saturday, good night," Said Ethan, then Parker took the phone down to press the red icon and looked at River glimpsing at him.

"See? Ethan can help you too," Mentioned River. "And I will help you too. Don't worry. We have made each other a promise 16 years ago" River said showing Parker her wedding ring, which he glimpsed at. "In good and in bad times,"