8

Chapter 8

At night many kids and teens from the camp hung out together at the campfire down at the area, in the presence of a few adults, that hung out there with each other chatting and grilling their own meals, while most of the kids there were sharing with each other marshmallows bought from a store. The rest of the other adults were located around the area outside the bungalows together with other adults they had met. Another part stood inside the cabins each following their respective evening. Parker was located on the balcony of the bungalow watching the present people outside the house. He leaned alone by the railing of the balcony and wasn't the only one there by the place. His older daughter Ruby sat on a chair using her smartphone to chat with her friends on the other side of the world. Parker observed her daughter there in silence and leaned closer to the girl.

"Have you thought about taking pictures of the day?" Questioned Parker watching his daughter shrug her shoulders.

"Actually not. I made a few from the amusement parks, but none of them had me or anyone else in it," Responded Ruby making Parker nod.

"I know it's none of my business, but have you ever thought about giving social media a little break? I know you're already not using it the entire day, but......just this week when we're all here. What do you say?" Questioned Parker watching Ruby put her phone down and look above the balcony to see most of the kids and teens were down by the camp.

"Robert is there too you said?" Questioned Ruby making Parker nod.

"Well, your mother allowed him to go there. I didn't exactly say that," Mentioned Parker making Ruby nod.

"Do I have a specific time to get......home?"

"Uh......no. You're technically in our lot. Just don't let someone seduce you into doing or going somewhere you don't want to,"

"Sure. I'll call help if something goes wrong. See you later, Dad," Said Ruby giving her dad a short hug before leaving through the door of the balcony. Parker smiled upon seeing his girl leave, afterward River appeared to step out onto the balcony.

"Is she also going down?"

"Yes," Responded Parker. "Wasnt expecting to convince her to it,"

"That's okay. It's slightly better than having her be on her phone for the rest of the evening," Commented River making Parker nod. "What are you up to here on the balcony?"

"I'm just chilling. Had nothing specific planned," Responded Parker, then looked up in the sky to see several trees around them covered the sight to the sky. "Stargazing here would actually be a cute idea," Confessed the man, afterward River grabbed him by his hand.

"Then let's get out of here and look for a way to see them," Offered River and led him out of the balcony heading to the exit of the cabin.

By the side near the parking area, Bebe, Ethan, Davy, and Holly sat down on the ground sharing with each other a box filled with cookies.

"I thought Davy was down in the house," Commented Parker watching River shake her head.

"He left shortly before Ruby. You probably didn't notice," Mentioned the woman and both reached the group joining them by sitting down next to them.

"Great, you're here too," Spoke Bebe handing out the box to Davy, who waited for them to get comfortable. "Those cookies were baked yesterday. Feel free to take a few. I might do a new charge this week,"

"Thank you," Responded Parker accepting the box and hold it out for River to take a bit first. "Did you all come to see the stars?" Questioned the man.

"Well, mainly for chatting," Confessed Bebe. "We can also just sit here and relax,"