Chapter 2 - Not interested

Sky's Pov

A new semester starts tomorrow, finally. Unlike other students, I actually hate vacations; it's just too much time for myself. I think a lot about things I shouldn't, and I hate it.

I spent all this time trying to sleep, but during school, I'm always tired, so I just fall asleep. I could have gotten some pills to help me sleep, but I don't like the sensation, so I just live with my nightmares.

It's the middle of the afternoon, and I spent the night reading again. I like to read adventure stories, fantastic stories, and things that will never happen in the real world. I like to be transported to another dimension where I'm a wizard, a pirate, a ninja, a mage—anyone but who I am now.

I stopped reading romances long ago, after I realised the Prince Charming story was a complete bullshit. Never would a powerful man stop his life to help someone he didn't know, and if he did, it wasn't with the best intentions.

I vanquish those thoughts from my head and focus on what I'm going to eat. I need to stop skipping meals; it's bad for my health, but eating noodles or something frozen isn't that good either.

I grab a noodle pot; I'm hungry, but I'm not the best cook. I put the water to boil and wait until I receive a phone call. I thought it would be Rain complaining about his perfect boyfriend and how he makes him study even if we are on vacation, but it turns out it was an unknown number.

"Sawasdee krub." I say and wait for a reply, but when I don't hear anything, I talk again "Hello, can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear." Shit...

"Who's calling, please?" I ask, feeling the fear in me rise.

"And who's asking?" he says it in a funny tone

"I don't know who you are. But if you're trying to annoy me, I'm hanging up..." I say before I start to panic

"Hot-headed, aren't you?" he says "I wonder if you are hot and bothered too. Do you want me to help cool you down?" Stupid I think as I take a deep breath, I need to stay calm. Sky, stay calm; you can do this

"In case you didn't know, humans have warm blood, so it's normal for my body to be hot. You don't have to help me. I don't associate with cold-blooded animals. Farewell." I say and hang off

I sit in a chair and put one hand over my heart; it's beating so fast. Could it be that man, or am I going crazy? Before I can even process everything, my phone rings again.

"Who are you?" I ask

""A hot wind god! Brace yourself, because I'm serious." He says and hangs up

I know that voice; I'm sure of that. It's the man from that night, that stupid night. I should have never gotten back to that place. Never. What was I thinking? Shit, maybe he knows? No, he can't. I made sure no one knew, no one.

I'm overreacting. I tell myself that over and over again. It's okay; maybe it was just a prank. I can deal with whatever comes next. I can. I did it once, I can do it again.

I turn off the water. I'm not hungry anymore; I just feel the need to take a bath and wash myself until my skin feels like a new one. Although I know that it doesn't matter how many baths I take or even if I bathe in a tub full of disinfectant, I would never feel clean.

I turn on the water and put it as hot as it gets. I feel it burn on my skin, but that relaxes me. It's not about the pain; it's about feeling warm. It's almost like there's a warm blanket around me; it's the closest thing I have to a hug, and sometimes I need it.