Chapter 8 - Not afraid (OLD VERSION)

Author's note: Hello Beautiful People! Please read the Author's note at the end of the chapter. Thank you.

Sky's Pov

Dreams were good, nightmares not that much, but unfortunately, those were the ones I had the most. They say you either dream about things you really want or about things that will never happen. As for nightmares, they are your worst fears, the things that come to mind when you think about what would be like a living hell. In my case, they are my worst memories... What makes me want to scream...

"Hey... It's okay..." I hear a familiar voice say "Sky, you're safe. Breath in and then breathe out..." I do as the voice says, and only when I'm calm do I open my eyes to see P'Prapai "It's okay, it's only me here."

"I'm sorry." I say cleaning the tears in my eyes

"There's nothing to be sorry about."

"You can leave if you want. You probably have better things to do."

"I'm here because I want to, and I won't leave. It was just a nightmare; it happens, and I'm here if you want to talk about it."

"I don't." I say it very firmly, and he smiles at me

"Okay then, I'll go grab you something to eat because you need to take your meds." He says and leaves, and only then did I realise he wasn't touching me. He had his hands behind his back; he wasn't touching me. I smile

This is so strange. I never had someone to take care of me, but now P'Prapai is here, and he is doing just that. Maybe I'm letting my guard down too fast, or maybe this is going to turn out to be something shitty, but I want to feel loved. I want to feel what it's like to be desired for something more than just my body. I want and I deserve more, and I'm going to risk it this time because I can't spend the rest of my life wondering what would have happened if I had given him a chance.

"So, it's almost dinner time, so I didn't want you to eat too much." He says putting a tray with a sandwich, cockies, and a glass of orange juice on my lap "But if you're still hungry, I'll bring you more food."

"I think I'll be good." I say as he hands me my meds

I eat in silence while he stays in the room with me. I know he is observing me, but I don't mind it.

"Can I ask you something?" he says a bit nervous

"Yes."

"It's about your nightmares." He says, and I put the food down "My uncle used to have a bunch of nightmares too, until his boyfriend came along and looked around for something to help him. While you were sleeping, I asked for the name of the pills, and I have a bottle with me..."

"I don't take sleep pills." I say coldly

"They are organic and natural. No drugs inside. It's a mix of teas." He says and shows me the little glass container where they were. "I'm going to leave it here. You can take them or flush them down the toilet."

"You can return them to your uncle."

"Sky, you barely sleep; you can't relax; you're always on alert..."

"P'Prapai, I really thank you for being here, but I don't want to take any kind of pill. It's my choice, and I can live with it. If you are uncomfortable with my nightmares, you can go. I'm not forcing you to take care of me or anything..."

"I just wanted to help you sleep better and be better rested. I'm not uncomfortable with anything. I just wanted to help you, and I'm not leaving." I just nod and keep eating my food

Maybe I was a bit rude, and I know he is just worried and trying to help. I don't take sleep pills; I just can't. It's way too risky to do something like that. I give him a little smile because he looks a bit sad. I'm also nervous; it's just the two of us here. I'm sick, and he isn't his flirty self.