Chapter 1

In trouble again

The principle is now ranting on about how I ask too many questions.

"But Mr. Forest this is school, shouldn't I be able to ask questions?" I ask.

"Pandora, no one can learn anything if you ask to many questions!" He shouts.

This isn't the first time I've gone to the principles office. In fact I have been sent here every day because the teachers can't handle some simple questions.

"Come on Mr. Forest who can't answer a few simple questions?"

"The problem Pandora is that you ask too many questions and not even one of them relates to school!" Mr. Forest says flustered.

"That's because school's boring." I mummble under my breath.

"What did you say?!"

And I'm the one who asks too many questions.

"I said your hair looks very fine today. Did you do something different with it today?" This is were it gets interesting. After coming here so often I've learned that Mr. Forest has a hot tempter. One wrong sentence and he blows up. It's very amusing.

"Pandora!!!!!"

"What? I'm just being curious." Playing with Mr. Forest is the highlight of my day.

"Being curious is what gets you sent to this office everyday."

"I just have a passion for learning. That's all," I say as I try to keep the smirk off my face. He opens his mouth...

Knock knock

He says in a paronoid voice, "Come in."

"We need to talk Mr. Forest." My teacher, Ms. Bonnette, says while eyeing me warely.

"Pandora, you are excused to lunch," Mr. Forest says without breaking eye contact with Ms. Bonnette.

I glance up at the clock. 15 minutes before lunch. What am I suppose to do for a whole 15 minutes? I open my mouth to protest, "But..."

"No buts," he interrups and holds up a hand to silence me, "just go. And please don't easedropp again," he adds with a serious face.