Chapter 3

Still on?

He has to be joking. Doesn't he?

"And what are you doing here Lily?" He points a finger.

"Um....I have this," Lily reached out and gave him the piece of notebook paper she has been holding. Mr. Forest reaches out to grab the paper. He stands there for a while studying the paper. Then he looks up at Lily.

"Really? Why can't you just let go of always being right? This is the 11th time this year! You 2 are both expelled as of tomorrow!"

"If we are expelled, do we come back next year? Do we have to repeat this grade? Do we have to attend summer school? Do we...." I start to ask.

"I will be talking to your parents. Now go. I don't want to see you guys in here today any more!" I want to say that I only ease dropped on 2 sentences, but I can't open my mouth. I feel something tug on my arm. I start to pull back, then I realize that it's just Lily and let her lead me through the hall. When we are at my locker we stop.

"What...just.....happened?" I uster. "My mom is going to kill me when I get home!" My mom will be so mad.

"At least you have someone to be mad at you," Lily mutters. I look up at her. She's staring at the ground. Both of Lily's parents were killed when she was 3.

"Hey are we still going to your aunts tomorrow?" I ask trying to change the subject. Lily looks up and smiles.

"Definitely. And since we are expelled we don't have school tomorrow," she frowns. "Do you think your mom will still let you go?"

"I'll find a way. I can be very persuasive," we look at each other and laugh. "I'll call you tonight."