A family of one

song rec- a hill of the moon by Ichiko Aoba

Chapter: 5

A family of one

Billy blurted with an aloof smile painting his face while tilting his head he faced Lucifael's lips to blurt, '...so you're saying you're an angel. Like an angle angel.?',

'Yes, "mister i-get-everything-after-an hour of-being-said"'

'...'

'Ahh I see.' Billy repositioned himself in a more relaxing way on the chair.

'What? You look rather okay', Lucifael stared down at him. 'I didn't really knew you maybe. Cause I thought you'd Flipping and rolling on the floor right now from shock.'

Lucifael questioned rhetorically once again to Billy in hope that he'd show a more exciting statement of his surprise on his mug.

'But I guess you've read way too many fantasy-fiction so you can really believe such things and not be surprised still.'

'I don't read that genre.'

'Ah. So what? What do you read?'

'I shouldn't say such things to my wife. she'll get mad at me you know'

'..' 'Hey! Don't change the topic!!'

'You changed it.'

'You said it in such a way, I had to.' Lucifae annoyingly took a deep breathe and arranged her words 'Well, I'll forgive you cause forgiveness is a good thing to do. but also hearing you say wife..'

'???'. 'Please continue, my wife.'

Billy offered a cup of hot tea to the flushed Luci.

'Ah-anyway, angel, angel!. Why aren't you surprised.'

'Haven't I already told you the first day I met you?'

'...'

'The moment I saw your preety face and your bold temperament, I believed and vowed to believe forever, my love that you were an angel. And now, my angel.''Oh I am so happy.'
'And my happiness can't be changed in any way whether you're an angel physically or not. '

'I'm your angel..?'

'Was I talking to you in 240p just right now, dearest?'
'Tell me how to make myself more clearer than this,my love?'

'An-d our baby angel too is my angel, love.'

*

**

There was only one thing Lucifael hated more than having a broken will, and that was feeling absolutely pathetic. The heavens great princess had never felt more humiliated and as pathetic as she felt on this dusk.

A mountain, where even the meekest and smallest animals found gave off the impression of a big mighty monster,said by whoever visited that hermitted haunted place down the valley. It was a totally isolated place advised not to visit by the town officials. But sometimes the crazed-blooded youth claiming to seek adventure did went their to prove their "manliness" or "womanliness" to well, whoever. Feeling content by spending a night in a well secured expensive tent and other supplies to keep them safe and for their nightly entertainment, everyone returned safely the next morning. Scoffing at whoever set the high rumours about the mountain and even going as far as setting a bravery test to hunt a rabbit each and posting it on their social platform. Only that, they all ended up in mental asylums.