Chapter 6

HyukJae continued to hold onto the elder in terror.

" what's the reason you have with HyukJae Mr Lee? " DongHae asked while he held onto HyukJaes hand. The old man looked at the hands linked together and chuckled .

" I'm a friend of HyukJaes father, when I saw HyukJae I guess you can say I got to excited and startled since I heard he disappeared " The blonds father explained . HyukJae wanted to scream, saying that he was lying but he was to scared and he didn't want to start a scene at the mall so he gripped tightly onto the brunettes hand, showing how scared he was. DongHae placed his other hand on top of the younger boy , showing that everything was going to be alright .

" anyways I'll be leaving now since I finished what I was doing here , I'll see you at work Tomorrow DongHae " The old man said waving at the brunette .

" alright , Goodbye Mr Lee" DongHae bowed his head to him and he and The younger boy both watched the old man walk pass them .

"Work?" HyukJae pulled away from DongHae and looked at him in disbelief. "What does that mean?! You work with him?!

"Y-yes I do." DongHae said as he watching the other man disappear in the distance. "What's going on? I thought he aid he was a friend of your father's. What's with your look? Did something happen between the two of you?!" DongHae reached over and shook his shoulders.

HyukJae put a head to his head and pulled on a few strands of hair. "I-I need to sit down." he said as he felt himself become lightheaded. He started to back up against a wall but DongHae moved him over to the bench next to them.

"Here." DongHae took out a water bottle and helped him drink it. "Are you okay?"

HyukJae ran his hand through his hair again and took a deep breath. "No." he said and took a drink of water.

"Who is he to you?" DongHae forced himself to ask even though he knew it was something HyukJae probably wanted him to dropped.

"I..." HyukJae squeezed the bottle and crushed it as the small amount of water left over spilled on the floor in front of them.

"It's okay." DongHae quickly interjected. "Don't foce yourself if you don't want to talk about it yet." he raised his hand and pulled HyukJae on his shoulder. "You can tell me when you're ready. For now, I'll keep a close eye on him at work."

"You don't have to!" HyukJae suddenly spoke up. He didn't want DongHae to get hurt so he tried his best to beg him to stay out of it.

"Please." DongHae took his hand and gave him a reassuring squeeze. "You're important to me. If there's something bothering you then I want to help."

"But-!"

"No buts." he kissed him on top of his head. "Let's go home now and try to calm ourselves, okay?"

HyukJae nodded as DongHae helped him up and they both made their way out of the mall with both men holding tightly to each other. HyukJae squeezed DongHae's hand as he tried to hold back his tears. He felt like a scared child but in the end that was what he really was. Just a child who couldn't do anything but hide behind others and run away. The thought angered and all he could do was mentally slap himself over and over again. Just when he was about to call himself another profane name in his thoughts DongHae gave his hand a firm squeeze and looked right at him, almost reading his thoughts and telling him to stop.

_________________

When they arrived back at DongHae's apartment HyukJae stumbled as he was getting out of his shoes, causing DongHae to quickly catch him to keep his balance. The older man gazed at the younger boy to only find him to be staring off into space with an expression of melancholy all over his face. He didn't even hear DongHae call his name the first time until the older man shook his shoulder did he finally look up and blink at him with tearful eyes.