15.

-
Kai kicked the vending machine, "Come on, you piece of useless crap." He glanced around and didn't see anyone around.

He bent down and stuck his hand inside, grabbing the candy with ease. "Stealing is against the law." Billy told him, and kai glanced at him as he stood up.

"Really? Then you should arrest this stupid vending machine. It took my money and didn't even give me any candy." Kai said, kicking the vending machine again

"Candy?" He waved a chocolate bar at Billy before tossing it, and Billy caught it, putting it in his pocket for later.

"You here to scold me?" Kai questioned, and Billy chuckled ,"we all wanted to do that to Richie."

"Is Sam pissed at me? I saw her but she walked right past me without even looking at me." Kai said, and Billy sighed.

"Yeah. She's pretty mad you stabbed Richie with a fork." He said, and kai bit into his chocolate bar.

"Why did you agree for him to move in with us? He annoys the crap out of me, Papa. I hate him." Kai told him , "because of Sam." Billy answered

Kai narrowed his eyes ,"you don't even let Chad stay over." Billy scoffed ,"that's different."

Kai clicked his tongue twice before he sighed. "I was drunk and high as fuck, okay? The day that Steven and I had sex. I was drunk and high. We only did it once. That's all." Kai said

"Did you consent to it?" Billy questioned, his body was tensed , his fists were clenched. Kai shrugged, "does it matter? He's dead."

He pulled out his phone, clicking his tongue a few more times. "I'm gonna call Chad and talk to him for a while." He said before walking away, and Billy watched him walk away.

Billy closed his eyes, letting out a deep breath ,"Jesus christ."

- -

"Why the fuck would you tell Richie about all that shit!?" Kai questioned as he leaned against the wall outside of the hospital.

"He threatened me, Kai. What was I supposed to say?"Amber told him

"I don't know! Make up some bullshit!" Kai told her "you don't tell him my whole fucking life story!"

"Okay, I'm sorry, alright?" Amber said and kai closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"I need drugs, Amber. I can't control myself anymore. I'm losing my shit." Kai said,

"You sure about this, Kai?" Amber asked, and kai clicked his tongue, "Yeah, I'm sure."

"Meet me at my house tonight." She said, "Okay, see you tonight." Kai hung up, and he ran a hand through his hair before he pushed himself off the wall and walked back into the hospital.

"So, how did your chat with chad go?" Tara questioned, startling Kai. "What the fuck? Where did you come from?" He questioned

"Mom, obviously," Tara said, rolling her eyes ,"so? How did it go?" She asked, and kai shrugged, "it went fine."

"Cool. Cool. Except for the fact, I was texting him for the last hour." Tara told him and kai tsk, "what the fuck do you want?"

"Who did you call?" Tara questioned, "none of your business." Kai replied

"It is my business if your cheating on chad." Kai laughed ,"I'm not cheating on Chad. Jesus fuck," he glared down at her

"Leave me alone and don't assume I'm cheating." He said, shoving her to the side and walked away from here.

- -

"-I'm sorry." Kai finished his big apology that Richie wanted. Richie smiled ,"That I didn't stab you in the dick." Kai quickly added

"Kai!" Sam slightly shouted, "what? School taught us that honesty is the best policy. I'm just being honest." Kai said with a small shrug.

"Oh, so now you're being honest?" Sam questioned in disbelief, and kai nodded, "Yeah." He clicked his tongue, "it sucks."

"Kai, why don't we go get something to eat?" Stu suggested, noticing the tension in the room, and kai looked at him ,"Happy meal?" Stu chuckled and nodded

"Yeah. Happy meal." Kai smiled and stood up ,"Alright, hope you lose your hand." Kai said, flicking Richie off before walking out of the room.

"Your brother is an asshole." Richie said, and Sam sighed ,"I would be surprised if he wasn't an asshole."

"Don't call kai an asshole. He's just going through a lot right now. " stu said before he walked out of the room.

"Dad! I want chicken nuggets!"

-----------------------------------

Word count -728

Hope you enjoy!