ice cream

Mila's POV:

"...Mila?", my eyes widen when the woman said my name. She wore sunglasses but that was definitely Scarlett Johansson. In my panic I hadn't even recognized her. My thoughts were racing, when I remembered the promise, I gave her. "Fuck", I muttered under my breath, too quiet for her to hear. 

"Mommy? Do you know her?", a little girl holding her hand asked. That must be her daughter rose. "Yes, we met at the comic convention", Scarlett explained. That's when I finally broke out of my trance. I had to get away from here. "Sorry again for bumping into you and thank you", I quickly turned around and rushed away before Scarlett could grab my wrist. "Wait!", I could hear her shouting in the distance, but I simply ignored it and disappeared in the bathroom. 

I had lost her, did I? I had mixed feelings about my decision to just run away. But maybe she believed that I didn't recognize her... I cursed the bloody mess in my underwear and tried my best to somehow fix it. I could feel tears in my eyes as I just sat there, quietly sniffling. I hated my aunt so much right now. Why would she leave me alone in a mall. I tried calling her once again: nothing. I started getting frustrated feeling helpless at the moment. I continued with my pity party until I heard a silent knock on my stall door. 

"Mila?", it was Scarlett's concerned voice. I held my breath and tried to hold in my sniffles and quiet sobs. "Sweetheart I know you are in there..." "I'm alright.", I replied. "I don't even have to look at you to be able to tell that that's not true.", Scarlett chuckled. "Can you open the door?", I didn't move from my spot. "Please?", I felt bad for ignoring Scarlett, sighed and unlocked the door. The door opened and Scarlett came inside. "Oh sweetheart", she cooed as she saw my tear-stained face and red puffy eyes. I was pulled into her embrace, shifting uncomfortably in her hold. I felt disgusting with my bloodied underwear. 

"Shhhh", Scarlett soothed me, rubbing my back. I couldn't help it but tear up again, sobbing into her shoulder. She continued to stroke my hair, whispering sweet nothings in my ear until I had calmed down. "Do you wanna tell me what's going on?", she asked calmly. "I-I lost m-my a-aunt and I-I my c-clothes are b-bloody, and m-my wallet is w-with my a-aunt, and s-she isn't picking up", I hiccupped, and she stroked my hair again, kissing my forehead. I blushed embarrassed and pulled away. "Sorry- I didn't mean to-" "Hush, I asked sweetheart", Scarlett cut me off. 

"Wait here alright? I'll be right back sweetheart, ok?", I nodded, and she left the bathroom. Around ten minutes later I heard somebody entering again. "Here change into that...", Scarlett opened the door a bit and gave me a brand-new pair of panties, trainers, and some wet wipes. I took them and quickly changed, before rushing out of the door, embracing Scarlett in a big hug. "There, there...", Scarlett smiled and patted my head. 

"Thank you so much!", I was fighting tears. What would I've done without her. "W-where's rose?", I asked feeling guilty that I had ruined their day. Scarlett chuckled: "She's in daycare don't worry, sweet". She squeezed me tight before letting go. "I'm sorry I didn't want to ruin your day.", I looked to the ground, feeling bad. "None of that, I was happy to be there to help" "...again", I whispered. Scarlett didn't hear it and if she did, she didn't show it. 

"What about you come with us?", she asked out of the blue. "I promised Rose some ice cream earlier, you can come with us" "Ah no I don't-", Scarlett cut me off once again. "I wouldn't have asked if you were a bother sweety. And I'm sure rose wouldn't mind some extra company either...", I looked up at Scarlett who was smiling at me encouragely. "Let's go, shall we?", I gave her a nod and she took my hand. "Do you need some painkillers for your cramps darling?", she asked, and I shook my head. "It's better now...", Scarlett nodded understandingly. "If you need them just say so okay?", I gave her a nod and smiled. Her caring gestures warmed my heart and made me feel guilty at the same time.

Scarlett's POV:

After Mila ran off, I asked Rose if she wanted to play a little with the other kids at the daycare. She squealed excited and nodded. I chuckled and booped her nose which made her giggle before she ran off. I made my way to the toilettes. As soon as I opened the door, I could hear quiet sobs from one of the stalls, I carefully knocked at the stall door and waited for a reply. 

Once I convinced her to open the door I carefully went inside and what I saw broke my heart. The girl's face was tearstained, her eyes red and puffy. My body acted on its own and I pulled the poor girl into a hug. Soon she started sobbing into my shoulder and I swear I felt something snap inside of me. I stroked the girl's back and hair until she calmed down. When she told me what happened I felt my heart ache for the girl and my anger towards that irresponsible woman rise. My patience and fate in her aunt vanished in a matter of seconds and I knew I had to talk to the girl about reporting her. 

But right now, wasn't the best moment. I told her to wait for me and quickly went into one of the near clothes shops and bought some new underwear and trainers. I got a weird look from the cashier but ignored it, rushing back as quickly as possible to the poor girl in the bathroom. Once she had changed, she came out of her stall and embraced me in a big hug which made my heart melt. "Thank you so much!", her voice was quivering. 

"Where's rose?", she asked, and I smiled, her remembering my daughter in all the trouble she's in just shows what a sweet and kind person she is. After I told her she was in daycare, her expression once again turned into one of guilt and she apologized for ruining our day. I stroked her back, feeling bad that she felt like a burden to us. "None of that, I was happy to be here to help", I told her truthfully and invited her to an ice cream with me and rose. 

We were now in front of the daycare and my little bundle of joy came running towards me with a big smile on her little face. Rose started babbling about her new friends she met at the daycare and what they played. Chuckling I lifted her up under her armpits and placed her on my hip nuzzling her nose with mine. She hadn't even noticed Mila, who was sifting uncomfortably in her place next to us up until now: "Mommy, are we getting ice cream now?", she asked looking up at me. 

"Yes princess... is it okay with you if Mila comes with us?", I asked her knowing she would agree. My little girl was always excited to meet new people. Rose nodded and squirmed in my hold, signalling me to put her down. Rose turned to Mila and smiled cheekily: "What's your favourite ice cream? I like strawberry the most!", she started babbling. "Now now, don't you want to introduce yourself first?", I reminded her, and she grinned sheepishly. "Oh sorry, my name's Rose, I like your hair, it looks really cool!", Rose started again, and I saw Mila getting more comfortable in our presence smiling at my daughter. 

I took my little princess by the hand, and we walked a bit. That was until Rose let go of my hand jumping over to Mila whispering something in her ear. Mila grinned and crouched down, giving her a piggyback ride. It warmed my heart how my- the two girls interacted. Once we reached the ice cream place, rose got strawberry and Mila banana with chocolate. We sat down on a table and observed their lively conversation with a smile.

A/N: Hey there, feeling generous today so here's an early update. How do you like the story so far? Its my first one i write in english so i hope there arent too many mistakes... also how do you call this place in malls where you can let your children play while you're shopping? i just called it daycare but i'm pretty sure there must be another word for it. Anyway i'd love to hear you guys' opinion on this story... until next Saturday. your author