Hide and Seek

Mila's POV:

Once we got the ice cream Scarlett suggested to go to a nearby park to which Rose excitingly cheered. I felt uneasy; what if my aunt would search for me not finding me anywhere in the mall. Pulling out my phone I checked if she had replied to any of my messages, sighing when I saw she hasn't even seen them. 

Scarlett turned to me looking at me with a friendly smile: "Are you coming with us?" considering my options I decided the idea going with Scar and Rose to the park was more appealing than strolling around in the mall like a lost puppy. "Is it okay if I come with you guys? I don't wanna bother you...", Scarlett reached out and squeezed my arm with a reassuring look. "You're not a bother at all sweet. And it seems like Rose likes you a lot." 

I look down to Rose who looked at me with a huge smile. "We can play hide and seek! Or tag!", she remembered me of my own siblings back at home and I felt myself getting sad. Forcing a smile on my face I smirk and tickle her sides, her cute giggles lifting my mood. "You don't stand a chance against me little girl", I chuckle, and she pouts. I look up at Scarlett a huge smile plastered on her face as she looked at me with adoration which made my cheeks heat up and look away. She chuckled: "Let's go then, shall we?" Rose walked between me and her mother and took our hands excitingly swinging them.

The park was not too far away from the mall which put my mind on ease. Rose immediately dragged me to the playground. "Let's play hide and seek first!", she squealed. I swear this little girl had energy without a limit. I looked back at Scarlett; she winked and went to check something on her phone and turned back to Rose. 

"Sure, do you want to hide first?", I asked, and she nodded. we agreed to not go too far away from the playground. to be honest I was a little worried to lose her. Facing a tree, I start counting: "...5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Ready or not I'm coming for you!" 

I searched a fair amount of time for Rose not finding her anywhere. She's good... "When I'll find you, I'll make a soup outa you", I teased, crouching down to look into a big pipe when suddenly I heard somebody saying "Boo!", right next to my ear. I jump startled hitting my head on the hard stone groaning in pain. Turning around I saw Rose's eyes widen and her victorious grin fade: 

"Mila are you alright? I'm sorry I didn't want you getting hurt!", she apologized. "You little demon scared the living shit out of me!", I chuckled holding my sore head. Rose smiled and I crouched out of the pipe and sat down on the floor, pulling my hand away standing up. 

"Mila your bleeding!", Rose gasped, and I looked at my hand noticing I had a bit of blood on it. Feeling myself getting nauseous I took deep breaths support myself on the pipe. "Come we have to show mommy she can help!", Rose tugged on my skirt. "It's alright Rosie... it's not that bad...", I had pulled out my phone explaining my forehead which had a slight cut on it. "I'm getting mommy.", before I could say another word the girl had ran off.

Scarlett's POV:

I was checking my emails when I suddenly saw my little girl running up to me. Putting my phone away I smiled until I saw her eyes glistening with tears. When she reached me, she immediately broke down into tears. Frowning I pulled her into my lap starting to coo softly at her: "Hey it's alright what happened?" Rose started wiggling in my arms trying to free herself from my embrace. 

"W-we played H-hide and s-seek-", Rose hiccupped, having a hard time to calm down. "Deep breaths baby shhh take deep breaths and tell me what's going on", I tried to calm her down, rocking her in my arms. "M-Mila searched f-for me a-and I sneaked u-up from behind h-her and s-scared h-her.", I had the bad feeling I knew where this was going but I let my daughter finish pulling her close to me. 

"S-she hit h-her head and I-its bleeding", she sobbed, and I felt a wave of concern wash over me as I stood up still holding rose in my arms. "Where is she?", I asked calmly, and Rose pointed the direction. I quickly made my way over to Mila who was sitting on the floor and gasped relieved when I saw the small cut on the older girl's forehead. 

I was already prepared for a hole in the head from how worked up my little girl was telling the story. setting Rose on the floor I crouched down and caressed Mila's arm. "Are you alright? does it hurt bad?", I asked her, keeping my voice soft as I searched for disinfect spray and a band aids, I always carry with me just in case something happens. 

"I'm fine, just a little dizzy", Mila mumbled. When I finally found what I was searching for I carefully disinfected the cut, putting a band aid on it. I leaned forward and kissed the spot, a habit of mine. whenever rose would be hurt I would always kiss the spot which made her smile every time. Mila blushed and I chuckled pulling her and Rose into a hug. 

I pulled out my phone looking at the time, it was already past five and the fall sun was setting. looking at the two girls I sighed: "It's getting late we should get going...", Rose whined. "But I want to play with Mila longer!", Mila excused herself telling me she was going to call her aunt which reminded me of our promise we made. I allowed Rose to go on the slide until Mila's aunt had picked her up and she nodded. I

 turned to Mila watching her with a worried expression, I knew I would eventually have to talk to her about this today. Drifting off in my thoughts how to approach the topic I only got pulled out of them once I heard somebody sobbing and gasping for air. 

I quickly turned around, seeing Mila trembling her blue eyes wide open in shock, a look of pure fear in her eyes. I rushed over to her holding her shoulders. "Mila what's wrong sweetheart?", the girl didn't even seem to notice me, trembling and shaking in my hold. I immediately pulled her to my chest holding her tightly: 

"I'm here, deep breaths, take deep breaths.", Mila finally looked up at my, tears in her eyes as she had a look of panic and confusion in her eyes. It broke my heart seeing her like this. "Breathe sweetheart, deep breaths can you do that for me?", the girl shook her head as more tears rolled down her face "I- don't know-", her breath was cut short as she looked at me desperately. 

Fuck this was the first time she was having a panic attack. I couldn't even think of how scared she must be right now. I quickly took off my jacket, pulling her to my chest. I didnt know what else to do. What if I'm oversteping her boundaries?! "Listen to my heartbeat sweet, copy my breathing sweety.", I saw her trying to copy my breathing, her breath hitching. 

Feeling her heart beating against mine rapidly, her frame shakes in my hold I felt like crying too. Reminding myself to stay calm in order to help her I did just that. "You're doing great sweetheart", I whispered in her ear caressing her arm. "Shhh good job sweetheart, deep breaths", her breathing eventually started to even and she broke down in my arms crying. 

I pulled her closer to my chest kissing her head, letting my lips rest there a little longer before I start rocking her in my arms. "Shhh you did great sweetheart. I'm proud of you." After some time, her sobs had turned into sniffles. "I- I didn't k-know what t-to do", the girl hiccupped her voice groggily. "S-suddenly- I was s-so s-scared", she sniffled, and I kissed her forehead again. I felt my heart shatter in a thousand pieces for the girl. It wasn't my first time to experience somebody having a panic attack, Lizze had them too and told me about it. I was glad I had known what to do. But there was still one question I had to know: 

"Mila, what happened?"