Chapter 5

"Hey, wake up! You're running late," Taehyung said, causing Jungkook to instantly jolt awake

"Hey, wake up! You're running late," Taehyung said, causing Jungkook to instantly jolt awake. Glancing at the clock, it read 8 a.m . Jungkook turned to Taehyung and shot him an annoyed glare.

"You liar, it's only 8 a.m . We still have an hour," Jungkook retorted.

"Yeah, but you were sleeping so soundly that I thought you might be late, so I woke you up. And don't forget, you need time to shower and eat. It'll take a while," Taehyung explained.

"Oh, just be quiet. I don't need much time to shower and eat," Jungkook replied, heading into the bathroom.

When he come out, half an hour had passed. "Someone said they didn't need much time," Taehyung teasingly remarked.

"Shut up."

Did I time-travel again. Jungkook thought.

"Tomorrow, you'll be making breakfast, doing laundry, cleaning the room, and tidying up the balcony. Jungkook stared at him wide-eyed.

"What? You're staying here, so you need to help me. We both live here, so it's our responsibility to maintain everything together," Taehyung explained.

"I'll hire someone to do all that."

"Not allowed."

"Huh?"

"It's against the hostel rules. I already talked with the authorities, and they said we have to do it ourselves," Taehyung clarified. Jungkook pondered for a moment before nodding.

"Alright then. Let's go. I bet you don't even know where our class is. "

They left the hostel and entered the college campus. All eyes were on them, especially on Jungkook, who is new. He tried to avoid the stares from the other students.

"This is your locker. Put all your books and belongings in there," Taehyung instructed. Jungkook placed his books and snacks inside but soon realized he couldn't fit all of his snacks.

"Taehyung," he called out.

"What?"

"Do you have any space left in your locker?"

"Yes, why? How many books did you buy that you can't fit everything?" Taehyung asked, stopping in his tracks when he saw Jungkook stuffing snacks into his locker.

"What's all this?" Taehyung questioned.

"Snacks."

"Unbelievable."

"Hello" a voice called out. Jungkook turned and saw a beautiful girl smiling at them.

"Hi, Irene," Taehyung greeted.

"Who's this new boy?" she asked, looking at Jungkook.

"My name is Kim Jungkook, but you can call me Kookie.