Chapter 23

"Jungkook!" Taehyung yelled when he noticed Jungkook almost vanish

When namjoon called everyone and told them about the kidnapping of Jungkook. Without delay, they began scanning the neighborhood and the construction site.

There are just five construction sites. This is the only location the seven of them go to look for Jungkook; the police also began searching for him in other places but were unsuccessful. The police are on their way to this place.

When Taehyung realized Jungkook vanished completely, he collapsed to the ground. Others also saw this, and they noticed the man, who appeared to be divine.

"Where is my brother?" Namjoon inquired. Jimin moved to hold Taehyung's hand. Yoongi, Jin, and Yoonji glare at the man who disappeared, Jungkook. Hobi is standing next to Namjoon.

"He is where he should be." The man replied.

"You did that, but why? He belongs here; he's my brother. Why did you send him?" Namjoon questioned, growing angry.

"It's for his good. I don't want him to discover that he fell into the river because of your mother, because he has already endured enough suffering. His will hurt, and what if he doesn't get better and ends up doing something horrible?"

"What do you mean?" Namjoon screams.

"Throughout their marriage, your mother cheated on your father. She consistently betrays him. She believed that she had broken up with the man who was lying there, Yun-seol, because of Jungkook. She doesn't love Shin-wook, even though she doesn't want to part with him. Although she has always loved Yun-seol, her love of money is stronger. She reasoned that if Jungkook had never been born, Yun-seol would never told her to choose between him and Shin-wook, and she would never have to end their relationship. She therefore tossed Jungkook into the river when the accident happened. This is the reason your father gets upset when you express a desire to see your mother and never wants you to meet her.

She remained in mental health care for this reason as well—she was afraid and embarrassed to face Shink-wook. Your father is unaware of her attempt to kill Jungkook; he just knows of her affair." The man continued, "Your mother might try to kill Jungkook again if she finds out he's alive."

The statements startled everyone, but Namjoon the most. He finds it hard to accept that his mom is an adulterer and that his once-happy family has suddenly fallen apart.

"You are lying; that's not true. You are lying totally."

"You saw the man earlier, too, but your memories are hazy because of an accident." The man caressed Namjoon's head after saying that. Namjoon's head fills with memories, and suddenly he realizes that he was the one who informed his father that Yun-seol frequently visited their home while he wasn't present.

Namjoon collapsed to the floor while clutching his head. With Yoongi comforting him and massaging his back, Namjoon sobbed on his shoulder.

"Would you kindly send Jungkook back to us?" Taehyung cries out. "I swear, I will sacrifice my life to save him if you're afraid his mother will hurt him."