Dazai's Birthday Gift

" Happy Birthday Osamu. " Chuuya says in an unusually calm tone.

 " Uwaaaaahhh?! Chibi wishing me a happy birthday without a gift?! How mean! Bad doggie! " Dazai says with a fake-gasp and mock-hurt voice. 

 " Bastard. Come on, lets go buy something you actually want then. " Huh, that was a weird responce.

 " Righty-ho! To the streets! " Dazai beamed as he head straight towards the door of their shared apartment. Chuuya just sighed.

_ -------------------------------------------------------_

Dazai and Chuuya had both taken a day off of their jobs and since no one ( except Mori) really knew about Dazai's birthday, they were in the safe zone. 

  " WHERE did you even get THOSE things anyways?! " Chuuya frustratingly groaned as he says.

 " A magician doesn't reveal his trick! " 

 " You are so not a magician. A trickster suit you better. Or maybe a manipulator, a sociopath, a liar, a psychopath, a--" Chuuya was cut off as Dazai's lips crashed into his.

 Although taken by surprise, Chuuya gave into the kiss and kissed him back. 

 " You love this psychopath!" Dazai piped.

 Chuuya blushed an just walked off ahead. Dazail trailed behind gathering more ribbons out of nowhere. 

_ --------------------------------------------------------_  

" Chiiiiiiiiibiiii!! Come here! Hurryyyyyyy! "

 " Ugh, what is it mackeral?" Chuuya said, his voice sounded defeated.

 Although that should be expected since Dazai made him explore the whole of Yokohama and bought just 2 ribbons and 2 bows. 

 " My Birthday gift ofcourse! " Dazai said as he started to put a turquoise spotted bow on Chuuya's hat. 

 Chuuya used his right hand to push away Dazai's face. But the bandaged maniac was as slippery as ever and when Chuuya thought he had him away, he would pop right behind him again. Chuuya gave up and let him dress his head up in bows and ribbons. 

 " TA-DA! Best birthday gift ever! " Dazai beamed, full of joy. Was it....genuine? 

 " F*ck off " Chuuya said, deadpanned. Obviously annoyed and too tired to deal with his partner's nonsense. 

 " Awhhh! Chuuya seems so adorable! Guchi-guchi-guuu!" Dazai said as he pulled Chuuya's cheeks 

 Now, Chuuya slammed his head towards the floor. 

 " Ugh, now that you're done with your nonsense, FINALLY. I got something for you.

 " Chuuya said as he stood up to walk into the bedroom. He came out with a not-too-small box made of mahogany wood. It was quite an elegant looking box. 

 " Huuuuuuuhhhhh?! Chuuya got me a box! Woooowww How nice !"

 " Just shut up for once will ya?! " Dazai pouted in response.

 Chuuya opened the box. The box contained a withered peach blossom along with a withered red camilia flower. This reminded Dazai of the time when they exchanged flowers with each other for the first time. A gun, reminding Dazai of his time with Chuuya in the mafia. Bullets engraved with the markings of CN, reminding Dazai of Chuuya and his time together and of when they would practise shooting each other's head without killing one another- thanks to Chuuya's ability. A letter- a letter to commit double su!c!de with Dazai which Dazai had given to Chuuya a few months back. Pictures from the times they went to photo booths. A memory card, presumably containing the videos and photos they took while in the mafia together.And it was all on top of a pile of bandages which had crabs, hats, snails, cigars, all things which were soukoku drawn on it. Chuuya had kept it all. Dazai was touched.

 Dazai handled the box carefully as he ran his hand on top of everything. Nostalgia and bitter-sweet feelings took over his once void of a heart as he also felt more affection and love for Chuuya. 

 " This really is the best birthday ever....Thank you Chuuya." Dazai said in a soft, fond voice. Chuuya smiled.

 " Of course Dazai. Now don't get all sappy on me though, it'll make me sick seeing you like that." Despite his words, Chuuya's tone was affectionate and playful.

 " Right as always chibikko! " 

Dazai closed the box as he put it on the coffee table in the middle of the extravagant room as he took Chuuya's hand and pulled him into a dance.

 " What the- what the hell Dazai ?! " Chuuya said in a happy and playful tone. 

 Dazai just kissed him as a reply. This truly had been the best birthday he ever had in his dull, never-ending life. Chuuya iss a ray of sunshine that entered Dazai's life. This was the best gift he had ever got and he very much loved it. It reminded Dazai of all the time him and Chuuya had together. It truly was beautiful, just like his Chibi.