08

Melody Ravyn James | 22
Atlanta, GA 📍
One week later

Turning in my sleep I could hear my 7a.m. alarm going off. I started to pat my bed for my phone to press stop for the alarm that was causing me to gain a slight headache but I couldn't find it for nothing.

Slightly groaning I yanked the thick cover that occupied my bed making my phone go flying across the room.

"Omg. This muthafucka bet not be cracked bro" I got out the bed snatching my phone off the floor that was facing face down. I let out a loud breath seeing that it was indeed not cracked. I then looked at the time before sighing. As much as I hated waking up early I had to.

I owned my own clothing store called Mel's palace even though the shop doesn't open up until 11:00a.m. I had a shipment of new pieces of my brand coming in that I had to make sure get stocked properly before opening time so that's the reason on me waking up overly early.

I went to my bathroom that was connected to the bedroom and started my morning routine that consisted of brushing my teeth, washing my face then putting on a quick skin face mask. While letting it sit for 10-15 minutes I scrolled on my TikTok for you page to kill time.

I then got in the shower. 30 minutes later getting out. I moisturized my body with vanilla cream lotion and got dressed. My outfit was simple. Some distressed high waisted mom jeans, a Grey Skims top and a grey pair of 'Lot 03 of 50' low Off-White x Dunks.

Once I was all finished with getting ready I sprayed myself with my Prada Paradoxe perfume before grabbing my purse and keys leaving out my house.

I decided to stop at Chick-fil- A to get me some breakfast before heading to my shop. That took about 20 minutes before I finally pulled up in front of the shop.

•••••••••
3 hours later

"Yes hang them right there. Once you do that and make sure that the water bottles are stocked in the fridge for the customers then we're good" I told one of my workers and she looked at me nodding.

I walked to the front of the shop seeing my other five workers assisting customers. We had just opened 15 minutes ago so there wasn't that many yet.

"Your total is $230.53" Sierra my worker nicely told a customer as she carefully put the lady items into a bag. She nodded her head tapping her iphone against the reader for Apple Pay. Sierra then gave her the receipt and the bag with her clothes.

"You have a good day" She gave her a small smile as the lady just walked away without saying anything.

"Did she just- rude ass" Sierra scoffed walking from behind the counter coming to the open floor where I was standing laughing.

"That wasn't even funny. I should've started yelling that she was stealing with her rude self" She frowned making me laugh even harder.

"Girl don't let that get to you. She a get her karma cause God don't like ugly" I spoke when my laughter died down taking my small size passion twists out of the ponytail they were in.

"It's about time I take these down" I looked at myself in the big mirror I had placed in the far corner of the shop. I noticed that I also needed a fill in on my lashes. I might ask Sanaya to do them for me this weekend.

"But didn't you just get them done?" Sierra asked walking back over to the register as the door chimed signaling that someone walked in.

"Yea but it looks a mess now because I haven't been wearing my bonnet to bed" I answered patting the spot in my head that itched.