♡Chapter 17♡

Espresso sat on a bench, legs crossed as he stifled a laugh. Madeleine was swinging on the swings, repeatedly asking if Espresso was watching him.

"You're watching, right?" Madeleine asked for the fourteenth time.

"Yes, I'm watching," Espresso responded. "You're swinging very high."

Madeleine giggled as he swung as high as he could, his long hair flowing behind him. "I'm gonna jump!" He yelled.

"N-No, Madeleine! Not when you're swinging that high!" Espresso stood up, stepping over towards the swings. "You could get hurt!"

"You jumped from a window an hour ago."

"You were there to catch me—I'm not strong enough to catch you if you jump."

Madeleine frowned but obeyed. He sighed as he swung lower, before jumping sadly from that height. He landed safely, turning to Espresso. "That was boring. You should have let me jump when I was swinging higher."

Espresso shrugged. "Listen, I just saved you a trip to the hospital. You're welcome."

Madeleine groaned an over exaggerated groan as he threw his head back. "I'm bored now," He complained, glancing around the playground.

Espresso smiled as he watched Madeleine's moonlit eyes trail around the park. He was so beautiful.

Madeleine sighed as he sat on the bench, gesturing for Espresso to sit next to him. Espresso sat as well, happy to be near him. Maybe sneaking out wasn't too bad of an idea after all. His parents probably wouldn't find out, and even if they did, maybe they wouldn't care.

As the two sat together, Espresso felt Madeleine's hand start to hold his own hand again. Espresso felt a blush warm his face as Madeleine held his hand; he tensed up as he felt a tingle rush through his body. His immediate reaction was to jerk his hand away, and Espresso held his hand close to his chest as he looked away.

Madeleine turned to look at him. "What's wrong?" He asked, confused at the sudden reaction to him barely touching his hand.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm, uh... Not used to anyone touching me," He mumbled awkwardly as he laid his hand back down.

"That's okay," Madeleine said as he slowly held Espresso's hand, making sure he was comfortable. "See? There we go; that wasn't so bad, right?" His goofy smile appeared back on his face.

Espresso tensed up again as he stared at their hands intertwining. Thoughts rushed through his mind as he prayed his quickened heartbeat wasn't loud enough to hear. A shaky breath exited his mouth. He yearned for Madeleine's touch, yet he was terrified of it. He felt rather foolish that he couldn't pick a damn side. "This is stupid. I'm sorry." He tried to look away again.

Madeleine used his free hand to hold his chin and gently turned it back to look at him. "It's not stupid."

His eyes widened as he felt Madeleine's fingers against his face. His touch felt so magical. He wanted to stay like this forever. He slowly leaned into the touch as he sat, blushing slightly.

After another moment, Madeleine pulled him in for a hug. Espresso buried his head into Madeleine's chest, gripping him like he would die if he let go. He just wanted Madeleine to hug him like this for a while.

Madeleine gently rocked him back and forth as he hugged him tightly.

Espresso's shaky voice broke the silence. "Can we please stay like this for a while?" He mumbled. Tears began to fall down his face. He didn't even try to stop them.

"Of course," Madeleine instantly said, happy he was making Espresso happy. After a couple of moments of them just sitting and hugging, Madeleine spoke again, "...Hey, Espresso?"