♡Chapter 20♡

Espresso sighed as the two stopped in front of his house. "Sorry I had to go so soon," Espresso said as he turned to Madeleine. "I wish I could've stayed longer, but my parents would be pissed if I stayed for too long."

"It's okay!" He said, holding Espresso's hands as he smiled. "We should hang out again soon though, okay?"

"Of course."

Madeleine held Espresso's face and gently kissed his forehead. They looked into each other's eyes before kissing again. Espresso giggled into the kiss as he felt Madeleine's warm lips press up against his. He loved Madeleine so much. He wished they could stay like this forever. He made him feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

As they kissed, Espresso caught a glimpse of someone's face in the window of his house. His eyes widened.

It was Father.

His breath caught in his throat as his father stared at them with eyes that could kill. He looked outraged. An anger flashed into his eyes; a type of anger he had never seen before.

Fuck.

Espresso broke from the kiss, pulling away from Madeleine as he stared at Father. His heart was racing as his mind grew foggy. Father continued to stare into his very soul as his eyes narrowed. He stepped away from the window.

Fuck.

Madeleine looked to see what Espresso was looking at, but his father was gone from the window. "...What is it?"

"Huh?" Espresso looked up at him, trying his hardest to hide the fear.

"What were you looking at?"

"Nothing," Espresso quickly responded. "Nothing. Sorry."

Madeleine looked down at him in confusion, but he nodded. "Okay. Well, have a good day, love." He planted one last kiss on his cheek before waving and walking away.

Espresso slowly waved back. "Don't leave," He desperately thought, trying to slow his breathing. Maybe if Madeleine stayed with him, he could protect him. But even though he tried his hardest to mentally communicate how badly he wanted him to stay, Madeleine continued walking away. Espresso watched as he disappeared from view.

A shaky breath forced its way out of his mouth as he stared at his house. Father had seen him kiss Madeleine.

He was going to kill him.

Like, actually.

Father had always been really homophobic, and he was never afraid to show it. Anytime he saw anything even remotely related to being gay, he would throw a fit and make sure Latte didn't see to "protect her" from the gays. Then we would yell at Espresso, threatening him that if he ever turned out gay, he would either beat him to death or throw him out.

Mother was homophobic too, but she never threatened to beat Espresso to death if he was gay. She always managed to make a snarky comment under her breath whenever she saw a gay couple. It was never loud enough for them to hear, though, just loud enough for Espresso to hear so he would understand that she didn't particularly like people who liked another person of the same gender.

Luckily, Latte wasn't homophobic. She was one of the kindest and most accepting person Espresso knew. Latte was the type of person to find good in a serial killer. Espresso didn't know what he would do if he didn't have Latte to support him.

He continued to walk towards his house. It felt like he was walking towards his own execution.

His mind raced as he tried to come up with an excuse as to why he was kissing another boy. Maybe he didn't mean to. Maybe he just slipped and accidentally kissed him. Or maybe it was a dare.

But he knew that his father wouldn't believe him.

He took a deep breath and opened the door, shaking like never before.

Father was standing there with his arms crossed, waiting for him. He looked furious. Mother was right beside him, looking down at Espresso like he was a disgusting parasite.

"I-"

Father immediately cut him off. "You were KISSING that damn boy from your class," He said, clenching his fists.

"W-We, uh, I didn't mean to!" Espresso shook as he backed away a little. "I slipped..."

"You slipped?!" His father yelled. "You fucking SLIPPED?! I watched you kiss that boy for a good five seconds—you were practically making out!! You-You pulled him closer and smiled as you kissed him!" Father was shaking as he spat out those words as if they were making him unholy.

Espresso stayed silent, trying his hardest to calm his trembles.

"What's his stupid name? Like... Marcus, or something?" Father asked, rubbing his temples like he had an unbearable headache.

"Madeleine," Espresso quietly corrected.

Father gave him that look, and Espresso shut up.

"You're going to Hell," Mother said, tears of disgust filling her narrowed eyes. "I can't... I can't even look at you right now..." Her voice trailed off as she sobbed, turning to her husband and crying into him.

Father held Mother, gently rubbing her back to comfort her. "Look what you're doing to your mother. You're bringing disgrace upon his entire goddamn family. You gay fag."

Espresso stood there, shaking as he watched his father let go of Mother and step up to him, his fists clenched. "All those years I spent telling you over and over that if you decided to be gay, I'd make you regret it. But you didn't listen." He backed Espresso against the wall.

Father smiled down at him before speaking again. "I guess I'd better just beat the gay out of you."

A/N: Thanks for 3,000 reads 😃