♡Chapter 22♡

A/N: Help I'm super sick and throwing up every ten minutes but uhh yeah here's the next chapter (no like actually send help I'm think I'm dying 😔😔🙏)

Espresso opened his eyes slowly. He felt dizzy. He glanced around—He wasn't in his bedroom. His eyes trailed around the room, trying to figure out where the hell he was.

"Espresso?"

Madeleine's voice flooded into his ears making him immediately smile. He giggled as he glanced back over at Madeleine's face. He looked worried. "Maddie!~" He giggled as he reached out to hold his hand, but missed and accidentally slapped Madeleine across the face.

Madeleine laughed and sighed in relief. "Oh, you're awake..!" He held Espresso's hand gently. "The doctors told me you were going to be okay, but I was so worried..." He closed his eyes as he chuckled, gently kissing Espresso's hand.

Espresso just stared at him. "Where am I?" He mumbled.

"Hospital," Madeleine responded. "You've been asleep for a couple days."

"What? Why?"

Madeleine glanced down at him. "You don't remember? Your, uh, your father... hurt you. Really badly."

Espresso felt his heart sink as he remembered those terrible memories. He shuddered. But then those memories faded away. Espresso smiled again.

"Hey, it'll be okay," He said, still holding his hand.

"Wha..? What'll be okay?"

Madeleine blinked. "Are you still feeling a little loopy?" He smiled down at Espresso's tired face.

Espresso tried to nod. "I'm dizzy," He slurred, trying his hardest to look into Madeleine's eyes.

"I know."

"Can you hold my hand?"

"I am holding your hand, love."

Espresso looked down. Madeleine was holding his hand. "Oh," He giggled. "I like when you hold my hand.~"

Madeleine smiled.

"I like you, too. I love you~"

Madeleine's face flushed. "Are you in any pain?"

"Pain? Naahh. I'm totally fine. Who needs pain, anyway? I'm strong..!" He tried to move to show how strong he was, but a shooting pain made him groan. He laid his head back on the soft pillow. "Actually, maybe I'm a little bit pain."

"You're a little bit pain?" Madeleine repeated, smiling gently down at him.

"Ow."

"Where does it hurt?"

Espresso looked around the room, just then noticing Madeleine was the only one with him. "Wh-Where is everyone? Shouldn't my parents be here..?"

Madeleine hesitated.

"What about Latte? Why isn't she here?"

"...Your parents didn't want to see you. They told Latte she couldn't come see you either." Madeleine noticed the sadness on Espresso's face. "Latte tried to stay here, she really did."

"Why aren't there doctors n' stuff doing their... doctor stuff to me?" Espresso asked.

"They're really busy today. They're probably working on other people right now."

"That's not fair. I'm hurting too." Espresso frowned.

Madeleine brushed the hair out of Espresso's face. "I know."