Chapter 1

February 18th 2013:

Two lovers side by side are sharing a chocolate milkshake on a swing.

They both had no idea what was coming their way........

April 14th 2013:

It is 2:30 pm and Lilly Patterson is sitting in Physical Science, listening to her boring teacher talk.

"Lilly Patterson, please come to the office." A voice from the intercom says.

Lilly after hearing the voice, grabbed her stuff and walked up to the office, but she wasn't expecting what would be waiting up there for her.

As soon as she got to the office she stepped inside and was met almost immediately, with her mother's warm touch.

"What are you doing here?" Lilly asked genuinely confused.

"Honey, its- its your father....h-he was m-m-murdered!" Isabell said before bursting into tears.

At that moment her world stopped, and all she could see was the room spinning, then she was out like a light.

A few hours later, Lilly woke up in a hospital.

Her mother was right beside her holding her hand.

"M-Mom." She said.

Isabell looked at her daughter and smiled, "I'm glad your awake sweetie." She said her eyes still swollen from crying.

"How was dad murdered?" She asked seriously.

"Well Honey, they said that he was found in his office cubical with 20 stab wounds, and that one of his co-workers killed him, that's all they told me darling." Isabell said.

"Oh...ok." Lilly said then layed her head down on a pillow.

"Well, I'm going to let you rest a while longer, Zeke should be here soon."

"Okay, I love you mom." Lilly said.

"Love you too." Her mom said, then walked out of the room closing the door behind her.