Chapter 22. Found

This update is especially for Eshoof

********************************

Murtasim returned to the spot where he had parked the car, his heart sinking as he realized that Meerab was nowhere to be seen. Panic coursed through him as he scanned the empty surroundings, calling out her name in growing desperation. His mind raced with worry, and a sense of urgency overtook him as he feared for her safety.

Murtasim wasted no time. He immediately alerted his men and organized a search party to comb through the fields. The anxiety gnawed at him as they scoured the land, calling out Meerab's name, but there was no sign of her. Hours later there was still no sign of her. The sun had set, casting a shroud of darkness over the fields, making the search even more challenging.

As he frantically looked around, a chilling thought crossed his mind. What if Meerab had inadvertently wandered into the fields of his enemy? The possibility sent a shiver down his spine, and he knew that time was of the essence in finding her before anything untoward could happen.

Murtasim knew that searching on Malik Mukhtar's fields was a necessity to ensure Meerab's safety, despite the potential risks. He turned to Bakhtu, his right-hand man, and instructed him firmly, "Bakhtu, inform Malik Mukhtar that we'll be searching on his fields as well. We cannot leave any stone unturned in finding Meerab."

Bakhtu nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation, and swiftly relayed the message to Malik Mukhtar. However, his response came negative.
He approached Murtasim with a solemn expression, fully aware of the difficult message he had to deliver. He cleared his throat before relaying, "Meri bat huwi Malik se, wo keh rahe hain ke un ki ijazat ke baghair ap dakhil nahi ho sakte un ki zameeno pe."

Murtasim's frustration and anxiety grew as he pressed for more information. "Tum ne bataya ke hum kis ko dhoond rahe hain?"

Bakhtu replied, "Bataya maalik. Unho ne kaha hai ke kal din me un ke deray pe ja ke ijazat le len."

Murtasim's anger boiled over, and he shouted in frustration, "Mei jaonga ijazat lene? Mei jaonga?"

Bakhtu tried to reason with him, saying, "Maalik ye bhi tou ho sakta hai na ke Bibiji un ki zameeno ki taraf na gayi hon."

Murtasim's determination was unwavering. "Nahi Bakhtu. Mera dil keh raha hai wo yahi kahi hai. Mei usse mehsoos kar sakta hu. Mei aur intezar nahi kar sakta." With resolute determination, he began to advance towards Malik Mukhtar's territory, driven by his deep concern for Meerab.

Bakhtu followed him closely, still trying to persuade him. "Maalik hum un ki zameeno pe baghair ijazat ke nahi ja sakte, Maalik."

Their journey into unfamiliar territory was fraught with tension, and the outcome remained uncertain as they ventured further into the heart of the unknown.

As Murtasim and his search party scoured the fields, he couldn't shake the deep worry that gripped him. The darkness seemed to close in around them, and the distant chirping of crickets provided an eerie soundtrack to their efforts.

Desperation etched into his voice, Murtasim called out into the night, "Meerab kaha ho tum. Bas ek bar mujhe pukaro." The plea echoed through the stillness of the fields, carrying his hope and fear into the unknown.

The search continued through the inky darkness of the fields, each passing moment amplifying Murtasim's anxiety. He called out Meerab's name repeatedly, his voice laced with worry and desperation, hoping for any sign of her.

As he moved deeper into Malik Mukhtar's territory, his heart sank when he noticed something caught on a bush. It was a yellow dupatta, unmistakably belonging to Meerab. Dread washed over him as he carefully untangled it from the thorns and held it in his trembling hands.

Fear gnawed at his insides as he realized that Meerab's presence in this territory was no longer a mere possibility but a chilling reality. His determination to find her burned even brighter as he clutched the yellow dupatta, a tangible connection to his beloved wife in the heart of enemy territory.

Murtasim's heart pounded as he reached the warehouse used for storing harvested crops on their lands. Through the large window, he caught sight of the pale form of his wife, Meerab. With the yellow dupatta still clutched tightly in one hand along with his pistol, he held a torch in the other.

Without hesitation, he ordered his men to raid the warehouse, apprehend Malik's men who had abducted Meerab, and ensure their capture. As his men moved into action, Murtasim rushed inside to reach his beloved wife.

Inside the dimly lit warehouse, Meerab stood in a daze, senselessly repeating his name over and over as if it were a fervent prayer for salvation. As she spotted his figure approaching, she staggered, weakened from a day of exhaustion and distress.

Murtasim reached her in a heartbeat, gathering her forlorn form into his strong arms. He gently wrapped his shawl around her trembling figure, providing warmth and reassurance as he held her close, determined to protect her from any harm.

Meerab summoned her strength to walk to their car, her determination to leave this place driving her forward. However, the exhaustion and the trauma of her experience proved too much, and just as she reached the car, her legs gave way, and she fainted. Murtasim, who had been right behind her, caught her in his arms before she could fall to the ground.

Murtasim carefully placed her limp figure in the car before getting in himself. Within minutes, they had pulled into the grounds of their village mansion.

Worry etched across his face, he carried her back into their house, gently cradling her as he made his way inside. It was clear that the events of the day had taken a toll on her, and he was determined to provide her with the care and comfort she needed to recover.

Gently, he laid her down on their bed, tucking her in with the utmost tenderness. His hand brushed against Meerab's forehead to push her hair away from her face in a tender gesture, only to find her burning with fever.

He hurried out of their room in search of Mayi, hoping to find someone who could provide the necessary care for Meerab's condition. To his surprise, he encountered Haya standing in the hallway, her arms crossed and a curious expression on her face.

"Kaha se mili Meerab?" she inquired, her tone laced with curiosity.

Murtasim's patience was wearing thin due to the events of the day, and he replied firmly, "Iss mamle se dur raho, Haya. Bas shukar ada karo ke mil gayi."

Haya couldn't contain her bitterness, muttering under her breath, "Kash na milti."

Murtasim's keen ears caught her words, and he questioned her, "Kya kaha?"

Quickly realizing her misstep, Haya amended, "Kuch nahi, tumhare liye khana lagati hu mei."

But Murtasim's concern was focused solely on Meerab's well-being. He declined the offer of food, saying, "Mujhe bhook nahi hai. Jaa ke pattiyan lao, Meerab ko tez bukhar hai."

Haya nodded reluctantly and went to fetch the necessary supplies for Meerab's care, her feelings of jealousy and resentment simmering beneath the surface.

As soon as Haya came back with the necessary items, Murtasim began to care for his wife. Gently, he placed the cooling pads on her forehead and temples, hoping to alleviate her fever.

Taking a soft, damp cloth, he carefully cleaned her face, wiping away the dirt and sweat that had accumulated during her ordeal. He continued to clean her feet as well, ensuring that she was as comfortable as possible while she rested and recovered.

********************************

Next update on 100 votes