DeadApple Special

Warning! Slightly rushed!

"Do you have to stay another week?" You whine into the phone and you could hear Chuuya sigh from the other side of the call.

"I know this is the longest I've been away but I have no choice. This mission requires more time than Boss and I thought it would." He explains and you pout, rolling over onto your stomach on your bed.

"But you've been gone for two weeks already! Kouyou has put me in so many kimonos and yukatas that they're not comfortable anymore." You complain into the phone and hear Chuuya chuckle as you once again roll back over to face the ceiling, splaying out your arm the didn't hold your phone.

"I have no choice, Shadow." He pauses and the line goes silent before you practically hear him smile through the phone. "Tell you what, why don't you stay with the Akutagawa's tomorrow night? I'm sure Gin would love to see you." You had been staying with Kouyou, Hirotsu and Elise-chan the past few weeks so the emos (Dazai taught you that word) would be a nice change of pace.

"Fine! But only if it's for the whole week or I'm staying home alone." Elise taught you this one. You think she called it black mail? Which she said was just another word for threat. Chuuya could tell you were being dead serious about it as well.

"Alright, I'll ask them." He sighs in defeat and you smile at your victory. Chuuya was having a rough time with you ever since your confidence around the mafia went up. Hell, you were even interested in learning about his missions. Though he still was a bit iffy on letting you actually watch one of his information gathering sessions.

You spent the next ten minutes just talking to Chuuya until he had to go. You wished him a goodbye and waited for the notification that Aku and Gin were going to be picking you up. Soon enough, five minutes later your phone made a familiar noise and you quickly flipped it open, happily drinking in the message.

You would be staying with the Akutagawa's for the next week.

~~~

You had a great time with the Akutagawas'. You had played Uno like always, had started to learn new games and you had gone on a few official missions with the siblings!

You had started a game of monopoly but you and Gin were evenly matched (Aku had long since gone bankrupt when you and Gin had bought out basically half the board each) but it was getting late so Aku was putting you to bed on the futon on Gin's bedroom floor.

"So Chuuya should be getting back tomorrow." Aku says as you tuck yourself tightly under the blanket you smile up at him and nod excitedly. "But you have to go to sleep now." He says sternly and you frown before sighing.

"Fineee." You whine quietly as you close your eyes.

"Sleep well." Aku whispers as he flips off the light and you slowly fall asleep with a smile on your face.

~~~

When you awoke you immediately felt like something was wrong. You looked around for Shiro on impulse but you couldn't see him. You jolt up right and rush up to Gin's bed but find it empty, as if she had just disappeared.