Chapter 13: A Misunderstood Invitation

General perspective

As Rosé prepared to leave for her Blackpink schedule the next day, she turned to Yu with a hesitant expression. She had a desire in her heart, one that she hadn't quite expected to voice.

Rosé: Nervously, "Yu, would you... um, like to sleep with me tonight?"

Yu's eyes widened in surprise, her face turning bright red as her mind raced with thoughts she hadn't anticipated. Has Chaeyoung just made an unexpected proposition?

Yu: Stammering, "W-what do you mean, Chae?"

Rosé immediately realized the ambiguity of her words, and she, too, blushed in embarrassment.

Rosé: Clearing her throat, "Oh, gosh, that came out wrong. I didn't mean it like that at all. I just meant if you'd like to stay the night with me since I'll be leaving tomorrow."

Yu's blush deepened, but she couldn't help but chuckle at the misunderstanding.

Yu: Giggling, "Chae, you really know how to surprise me with your choice of words. But yes, I'd love to stay the night with you. Just as friends, of course."

Rosé: Relieved with sadness, "Friends, yes, exactly! That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion."

As they both shared a laugh, the tension from the earlier conversation eased, replaced by a sense of comfort and understanding. Yu agreed to spend the night with Rosie, and for the first time in a long while, Chaeyoung felt a sense of warmth and anticipation for the simple pleasure of having a friend (?) by her side.

As the night wore on, Rosé and Yu lay together in the dimly lit hotel room, their fingers entwined, and their hearts heavy with the knowledge of Chaeyoung's impending departure. It was a bittersweet moment, filled with both longing and a sense of urgency.

Rosé turned to Yu, her eyes reflecting a mixture of determination and hope. "Yu, I need to tell you something important. My contract with YG will end in six months. If, by that time, both of our feelings remain unchanged, I want to try dating you."

Yu's heart skipped a beat at Chaeyoung's words, and a glimmer of hope sparked within her. She looked into Rosé's eyes, searching for any sign of uncertainty or doubt. But all she found was sincerity and a deep yearning.

"Chae, I..." Yu's voice wavered with emotion. "I would love nothing more than to try dating you if our feelings remain the same."

Chaeyoung smiled, a genuine and heartfelt expression of happiness. "I know it won't be easy, and there will be challenges ahead. But I want to give us a chance, Yu. I've never felt this way about anyone before, and I don't want to let it slip away."

As the evening continued, Rosé and Yu found themselves in a deep and honest conversation, one that revealed the challenges and complexities of their lives. The topic shifted to Yu's personal journey, a journey she had kept hidden for far too long.

Rosé: Curiously, "Yu, you've been so open with me about your life, but I feel like there's something you haven't shared. Is there something on your mind?"

Yu took a deep breath, her eyes glistening with the weight of the words she was about to speak.

Yu: Nervously, "Chaeyoung, I want you to know... there's a part of my life that I've kept hidden for a long time. It's about my family and their beliefs."

Rosé: Concerned, "Go on, Yu. You can talk to me about anything."

Yu: Softly, "When I was 15, I came out to my family. I told them about my feelings and that I like girls. But, Chae, they didn't acknowledge it. They said it was just a phase, that I'd grow out of it."