13.5. Ranveer and Ekantika

Hey guys! I'm releasing this chapter early to clear a few doubts that people had about how I portray my characters in my story. For me, a great story is one that includes a character arch. I believe that every person has reasons for who they are but at the same time I would never like to show a story where a woman falls a womaniser. They are independent, intelligent and divine and no one gets to treat them badly which is something I believe that I've already shown through multiple ways in my story.

Ekantika and Ranveer's story dabbles in dark romance so while they were married against their will, I won't make Ekantika a pathetic puppet who will submit to Ranveer's will. Both of them are broken from incidents in their past and what is love if not healing? But at the same time, tolerating disloyalty, abuse and shaming has no place in a marriage. I don't believe in making a woman weak in love. I truly believe that love seeks equality is all aspects and basic respect na admiration for your partner.

The evening of the gala, Udaipur,

"We have a gala to attend tonight. Get dressed by 7:30" He said and was about to leave the room as if that was supposed to be the end of the conversation.

"What do you mean by "get dressed by 7:30!" I'm going to need more than that. What's the dress code? Which gala is it? Who's hosting it?" I asked getting irritated by his to-the-point statements.

He has all the time in the world to flirt with the air hostess, the waitresses, the cleaner for heavens sake just to rile m up but can't spare me a minute. Does he really think that this is going to make me jealous? These are all basic, preschool level attention seeking tactics.

"How does it matter? Just get dressed!" He said and slammed the door on his way out.

Fine, if that's how it's supposed to be then wait and watch. Tonight, I'm going to be the perfect little wife, he supposedly wanted. Let me see what he had to say then.

I've started to observe my husband and as ignorant as he's trying to be of my activities, he's not. He's trying his best to mask his obvious concern but to no avail. All these times when he's yelled that he wanted his wife to stay mute are all just ways to get his pent-up frustration out. I can only imagine.

If I was forced, so was he but probably not the same level but then again trauma is trauma. He has no reason to fight with me, he's fighting so that someone else can give him the assurance he's looking for that we are not suited for each other and he's stuck with me.

Again, I can understand but I won't be tolerating that tone. I'm not fucking living off him. He's doesn't get to treat me like that, husband or no husband.

I went in the washroom and started a nice bath for myself. My last home was a hell-hole that I solely tolerated because I had no option but to. I haven't traded one cage for another. At least in know this one is better because Ranveer as much as he says that he hates me and would be better off without me, seeks my comfort and gives the assurance that he won't ever raise his hand on me. And I won't let him.