five - reunited with the devil

I was still wandering through the palace, in my half-asleep state when I had slammed straight into a wall. A moving wall. As I tried to pry myself of the figure, I found myself falling the opposite way.

Way to go, Holly, way to go.

Luckily, the 'wall' is able to catch me from falling, and it's when I realize that the wall is a set of muscular arms wrapped around my slim figure. When my vision refocuses, I am horrified to see who I've crashed in. At first, I've assumed that it's a guard and rush to apologize, a crystal gaze locks with mine and I'm falling backward all over again.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry."  The story of my life, and here I was hoping for something interesting to happen. On my first night, too.

"Holly?" Will asked.

My vision snapped upwards, "Will." I jumped from his grasp and slowly strolled backward in anticipation. 

"Do you two know each other?" Prince Lucas asked, eyeing the two of us.

"Yes. It seems that I've been reunited with the devil." 

"More like a Prince with devilish looks." He winked, causing me to do a dramatic eye roll, even Lucas had begun to start laughing at us. "What?"

"Sure, you keep thinking that." I groan, moving away from the two men, one was laughing, and the other was smacking him.

"Well, Lady Holly," Prince Lucas grinned, "Since you were already breaking our rules on the first night," he must've noticed my wince, because he says, "care to accompany us to break more."

"Pass." I groaned, "Your brother already got me into massive trouble when he dragged me out at two in the morning, that is something that doesn't need to be repeated. Learned my lesson."

"He did what?"

"Oh yeah," I nodded, "He snuck out of the palace, by the way. Deal with it." Lucas glared at Will who simply shrugged and continued to follow me down the grand staircase.

"Coincidental? I think not."

"You're delusional."

I woke up the next morning to Chantelle's face. Scary at first, but after a few short flashbacks, I remembered that I was, in fact, living in the palace now, and there was nothing I could do to escape it.

"Breakfast better be at the top of the agenda." I grinned as Cassie began to apply my makeup in simple yet several strokes.  I was still in the bathtub, by the way. Apparently, we were in a rush, since an hour and a half was simply not enough to get ready. 

Then, when Cassie had finished, the bath finished. I was being lifted off the puddle of water and put into a day dress. My favorite color, turquoise. The dress finished just an inch above my knee, which I was thankful for. I hadn't practiced walking in long dresses.

Then, Jane came out with my nightmare. The heels.

And not just any, it was a pair of unnecessarily high heels. "Four inches," I gawked, "I'm not that short!"

"But you'll be standing against the other girls who are trying to make sure they stand out." She shrugged. 

"Fine." I don't feel like arguing at the moment.

Let's just say, I needed their help being escorted to the ground. While many of the girls thought it was just Holly being a dramatic girl, it was simply because I couldn't balance on my own. "What an entourage." one girl scoffed at my decision. I ignored her while I made my way to Denise and the few girls who were surrounding her. "Hey," I waved.

"Hey!" they greeted happily. Denise gave me a small hug before we were asked to take a seat before our "first" meeting with the prince.

Then, as I take a seat, Callista decides to play the role of newly appointed best friend and takes the seat next to mine. I look at her strangely, "When I suggested we be decent to one another, I didn't expect radiating niceness on both parties."

"Very funny, Holly." She grins, "Since we're on peace, and I can't stand Sarah another moment longer. I decided to sit here."

"Fine by me." I shrug. "What happened with Sarah."

"Nothing, really. Her room's beside mine, and please, that's more than enough Sarah for another billion years."

I laughed.  "You go."

Suddenly, the entire room fell silent as Prince Lucas entered the room taking a seat at the front. Some girls simply swooned in his direction, but he ignored them offering me a wink when our eyes connected. 

Soon enough, we were called up one by one to have a chat with him. Since I was my surname began with an 'M', I was in between most of the girls, probably even the halfway mark. All I knew was that I was after Callista.

When my name was called up, I approached Prince Lucas warily and shot him the friendliest smile I could.

"Be careful, love, don't need you falling again." He kidded, referring to my unforgettable stunt last night.

"Well, aren't you happy today. Last night was relaxing?" I guessed.

"Quite the contrary, a beautiful girl denied in joining us."

"Must have been so that she could sleep, but I guess we'll both never know, will we, Prince Lucas?" He laughed.

"I guess we won't."

"Anyway," I caught his eye, "Your majesty." I coughed up, to cover up my forwardness to the conversation, "It's nice to see you."

"Always a pleasure, Holly." He winked, "But I'm afraid our time is over." 

I nodded, inching away from him as the next girl was called. He was sweet, sweeter than what the media portrayed him to be. And I was glad to realize this.

Soon enough, Prince Lucas finishes talking with each of us and begins to jot down a few names on to a piece of paper. I really didn't mind what it was as long as it meant I could eat breakfast. Oh, how I missed the sweet delectable taste of pastries.

He stood up, clearing his throat. I paused, aiming my attention at him. What could he possibly have to say?

Starting with a promising 'Thank you' phrase, Prince Lucas continued to say how nice it was to speak with the girls, and eventually, asking nine individuals to stay behind. "The rest of you," he nods, "are welcome to check out the breakfast buffet in the opposite room.

And without any further instructions I, with a few others, sped out of the room.