36| Disaster

If this chapter gets 200 votes and & 500 comments, I'll post the next one right after!

Morona McCallister

I carefully selected an appropriate ensemble for the meeting, dedicating extra time to styling my hair and applying makeup.

I even woke up several hours earlier than usual to ensure everything was in order.

Not like I actually slept.

Opting for a black knitted turtleneck sweater and matching dress pants with a stylish belt featuring a gold buckle.

Unfortunately, my collection of white clothing consisted mainly of dresses and other items unsuitable for the meeting.

To complete the look, I draped a dark brown trench coat over my shoulders and slipped into a pair of elegant black Scarpin heels.

Adorning myself with black Van Cleef earrings and a necklace, I added a touch of fragrance before gathering my files, papers, and other essentials into my tote bag.

Gazing at my reflection in the mirror, a mix of excitement and nervousness washed over me, although truthfully, the nerves seemed to dominate.

I exited the room with my bag and grabbed my keys.

It had been a while since I had breakfast, but today I finally had a meal.

I decided to postpone cleaning up until I returned later.

My phone rang, and I noticed it was my manager calling.

I answered the call and greeted him with a "Hello."

He enthusiastically exclaimed, "Hey, I hope you're prepared because I have high hopes for this meeting!"

"I hope so," I responded with a sigh.

"Don't worry, just be yourself and make sure to exude confidence," he reassured.

"I'll definitely keep that in mind," I replied.

"Alright, everything will go smoothly. I have to end the call now, goodbye," he said and ended the conversation.

I proceeded to open my front door, locked it, and began descending the stairs.

As I left the building, I entered my car and drove away.

With each passing moment, as I approached the destination, I felt an overwhelming sense of nervousness.

It consumed me entirely.