Chapter-02

Library

Next day I left for some work. I went to the subway, everything was normal, then abruptly the lights started flickering and it became all dark. When the lights came back, there was no one else except me.

The same things were scribbled everywhere. I was so frightened that I shut my eyes and started counting random numbers in my mind, when I opened my eyes, everything was normal.

When I came out, I decided to find out why all this was happening to me and I set out for the place written on the note.

When I went there, the address was of a library. A small quotation was written below the library, -

"When you get tired of your world, come to the world of books."

I curiously, went inside and started looking for any clue that might help me figure out what was happening to me. Then I saw a strange thing, a bookshelf with the same number written on it as was on the note.

I went close and saw something very odd, there was only one book in the entire bookshelf, the name written on the book was, "ASHFORA."

I picked up the book and sat on the corner seat of the library. I was very distraught but still I mustered up the courage and decided to read the book.

As soon as I opened the first page, I saw something that made the ground slipped beneath my feet. I was flabbergasted. I was speechless.

On the first page of the book there was a photograph of me with this man whom I had met in the cemetery. I was dumbfounded. I could not understand anything, how come my photograph ended up in this book when I have no memory of taking it?

I thought that unless I read further, I will not know what is happening and I started reading the book.

While reading, I got drowsy and fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes, I was in a big empty place filled with sand, like dessert. There fog everywhere, it seemed the whole world had been destroyed and I am at the end of the world.

There was not a single living being except me. I got so anxious; I felt like I am in dystopia.

"Where am I? Where have I come to? What is this bizarre place?" Hailey grumbled.

I was not able to understand anything. Then I thought, I must be dreaming. I percept if I keep on standing here nothing will change and I decided to move ahead.

When I started moving forward, I could not believe my eyes. Big meteorites were falling all over the ground from the sky. I knew that I would not survive If I got crushed by one of those, not even a single bone in my body would be found.

Somehow, I started running anxiously.
Meanwhile, I saw a man who was badly injured and unconscious

To be continued...