Chapter-04

Backstory

Jacob told me about his past and his parents. How they used to be very happy together.

His father was a researcher in an institute. His mother was a doctor.

She adored Jacob a lot. They were a perfect family. But one day in a car accident Jacob's mother passed away.

His mother died and his father was unable to bear the shock. He got traumatised.

He started spending all his time in his laboratory. He became so isolated from the whole world that he would not even meet his son or talk to him properly.

After his wife's death, He started to lose his sanity. He started muttering to himself.

"What should I do, how can I bring her back?" Jacob's father raved.

One day,
While sitting in his research laboratory, he saw a very weird thing in a corner of a bookshelf. It was an old manual in which the method of making a "Time Machine" was written.

At first, he thought it was some kind of prank, but he was so devastated by mother's death and way too adamant to try every possible way to bring her back, no matter how superstitious it was.

He brought that manual home and started working on it in his lab.

For months I could not even meet him. He never came out of his lab.

Some other day,
When I returned from school, I saw that he was nowhere to be seen.
I gathered a lot of courage and went down to his laboratory.

When I went there it was vacant. There were things scattered everywhere. The manual was kept on his table along with a cassette.

I took the cassette, turned it on and started watching. There was a video message in it left by my father.

"I can't live without your mom and I am going to get her back son." Jacob's father in the video.

I could not understand a word coming out of his mouth. I could not get why he was saying this.

"Mother is no longer in this world, so how could he bring her back? Is that even possible?" Jacob mutters.

Then I read that manual, it had the complete method of manufacturing a time machine written in it.

Everything was written manually, step by step.

He followed every step written in that manual very attentively and he succeeded in making it.

He completed the manufacture of Time Machine.

In the video message he left for me, he mentioned the time and place he was planning to go.

While reading it, I felt my father was going insane due to the trauma of mother's death and he was no longer a sane person.

He did not able to understand the difference between right and wrong, truth and lie.

It has been seven years now,
but I have not heard any news from him. He had not returned yet.

I waited for him to returned while I kept reading that manual repeatedly and now, I have memorised every single step written in the manual.

After waiting for so long, I decided to bring him back and I started making a time machine.

To be continued...