Chapter-05

Time Travel

After so long,

Jacob succeeded in making the time machine.

He decided to go to the same timeline and place mentioned in the cassette.

When he arrived there, he saw something that left him completely devastated.

Jacob saw his father hanging from a tree in that cemetery.

He had a letter in his hand.

When he saw his father in such condition he knelt on the ground and started crying heart out immensely.

He read the letter, his father had written,

"Jacob,
I had come to take your mother and I also met her. I saw her right before my eyes, alive, exactly as before,
I asked her to come with me, but she refused.
She said that if she left this place then both of us will be alone during this timeline,
So, she wanted to spend whatever time she had left, with us."

"I cannot live without your mother;
I am going crazy without her.
I do not feel like living in a world where she is no more with us.
She refused to come with me, so I had decided I will go to her,
please forgive me, Jacob."

After reading the letter,
he could not believe whatever happened,
he went into shock.

"I am now an orphan, I lost both of my parents, I am all alone now." Jacob murmured.

Jacob had no idea what to do.

He was not in his right state of mind.

He felt like he had lost my ability to think or understand. It took him some time to accept the truth.

Jacob's father had written everything about the time machine and his journey.

But it could not be completed because his mother refused to come along and chose to live in her present.

My mother was right in her place,

She was a good person and she chose the right thing to do.

But my father loved her very much, so he could not bear the shock of her death.

That's why he also gave up his life with the dream of reuniting with her.

Jacob kept wondering,
What was happening with him?

Till recently they were all happy, his parents were alive and well with him.

"What is all this happening suddenly? how did I end up losing my parents?" Jacob whined.

When he pulled himself together,

He realized his father's time machine was nowhere to be seen.

He started searching for it everywhere,

But there was nothing, neither the time machine, nor any other person.

After some time, he returned to his present timeline with his father's corpse.

He did not know anything.

"What should I to do next?"

"Where to I start from?"

Just then, Out of the blue,

Something happened which shook him.

To be continued...