Chapter-10

Reunion

Years later.
Now Jacob had grown up and started going to college. He began attending his father's institute while in college.

Due to the change in time, Jacob's memories were erased, he did not remember Hailey or anything related to her.

One day, he was sitting in the library reading a book.

He turned the page and saw the picture of a cemetery, 'where he first met Hailey.'

"Why does it feel like I have seen this place before, I have been there before, but why do I have no memory of it," Jacob mumbled.

Then Jacob read the name of the book's author, it was Hailey.

"The name rang a bell but I could not remember where I had heard it before." Jacob ponders.

As he went to return the book, he saw another book written by Hailey.

This time it was not a book it was Hailey's time machine manual.

Out of curiosity, Jacob took the manual and went home along with the manual.

He arrived home and started reading it.

He then,
saw a picture of himself in it 'which Hailey first saw on the front page of Ashfora' but Jacob was alone in that photograph.

He felt someone was missing in that picture but was unable to remember who.

As soon as he read it, some vague memories appeared in front of his eyes.

He felt excruciating pain in his chest and was unable to breathe he started sobbing, but could not understand why he was crying.

After reading everything, Jacob kept thinking about what those memories were and whose memories they were, but he could not remember anything.

He was not able to understand, because all his previous memory had been erased.

Jacob was very exhilarated to build the time machine. He constantly started working on it.

Years passed by, and Jacob succeeded in building it.

He was ready to travel through the time and he decided to go into the time that was written in Hailey's journal.

Jacob arrived at the cemetery, he started walking and gazing at everything, and then he saw Hailey.

Hailey was walking ahead of Jacob. She was looking all distressed.

When Jacob saw Hailey, he instantly felt the strange connection between them. He started following her.

When Hailey realized that she had been followed, she turned around.

She looked at Jacob's face and immediately ran into his arms, crying. Hailey embraced Jacob.

"I knew you would come for me. I waited too long for you. Where have you been all this time." Hailey asked weeping.

Jacob was dumbfounded. He pushed her back immediately.

"Oh! I apologize, you must not recognize me. Right, Jacob?" Hailey said delightfully.

"How do you know my name? Have we met before? I do not recognize you at all." Jacob replied.

"I knew that one day you would return and keep your promise. I left a lot of clues for you, in the hope that you might see them someday and come see me, Jacob."

She told Jacob everything that, when she disappeared, she was holding a letter tightly in her hands.

In that letter,
she had written everything about Jacob and time travel so that she would not forget Jacob after returning.

She could not get how but when she returned, that letter was still in her hand.

Hailey felt that maybe God had given her a chance so that she could remember Jacob.

Hailey waited for Jacob every day.
She wrote that manual and kept it in his institute's library, believing that Jacob would find it.

She also wrote a book about the cemetery where she met Jacob for the first time.

"And see, fortunately, you are here."
Hailey told Jacob everything that went and he started remembering everything.

"Oh god! I had forgotten you. I promised you that I would never forget you and come back to you. But I forgot you. Forgive me for making you wait for so long." Jacob lamented.

"You are not blameworthy, Jacob. Perhaps we were destined to meet again, that is why I wrote that letter to remind myself of everything." Hailey chuckled.

Haley,
let us always be inseparable like this.
I cherish every moment we spend together and my heart beats for you. You are the one I want by my side, now and forever.

"Let's always stay together like this."

"Now, we will never part again."

"I Promise." Jacob

"I Promise." Hailey

The end.