Chapter 2

Y/N POV

"So..... what should we do now?" I awkwardly asked them.

"We don't know. You're our manager" Minji told me and laughed.

"You're the shot caller from now on" Danielle giggled.

"Umm i guess so and it seems like you guys don't have any schedules to attend today" I said after scanning through their schedule quickly.

"Does that mean we can go home?" Haerin quickly responded innocently.

"Oohh I have an idea! Let's go eat outside together!" Hanni excitedly suggested as the other members exclaimed in excitement.

"That's a great idea! I mean if ceo-nim agrees to this" Minji continued after.

"Pleasee ceo-nim" Hyein pouted and begged me with her puppy eyes.

"Alright alright and by the way you guys can stop calling me formally, I'm not used to it" I said as I walked ahead.

"Does that mean we can call you oppa?" Hanni questioned happily and i answered her by nodding my head.

"Let's not waste our time" I lead the way and stopped after a few steps ahead. "Where's the exit again?" I was still not used to the building making the girls laugh.

"You're funny Y/N oppa. Let us lead the way" Danielle said and walked ahead of me while linking hands with Haerin, hopping like little bunnies.

Timeskip

After spending the day with these energetic kids, I sent them back to their dorm with their help showing me the way.

It was a long way journey from the restaurant to their dorm. When we arrived at their dorm, my phone rang and it was the love of my life Karina. The NewJeans girls noticed it and immediately got excited, telling me to pickup the call.

"Hello?" I picked up the call after sighing in defeat.

"Hii babyy~ how was your first day at your new job? I miss you already~" Karina spoke in a cute way making me smile like an idiot. The girls also smiled upon seeing my interaction with my lover.

"Hahaha I miss you too. Work was fine, I was given quite a unique role in the company but overall I'm quite enjoying it here" I briefly told Karina as she hummed in a sweet tone.

"Waaa that sounds cool" Karina said lovingly.

"Oh by the way, I'm currently with NewJeans right now, you want to say hi?" I asked Karina as I scanned the girls face. They all looked excited and happy from my statement.

"Omg yes please!" Karina agreed and I gave my phone to the girls as they surrounded my phone instantly.

"Hello sunbaenim!" "Hiii sunbaenim, it's nice to meet you!" "I love you sunbaenim!" They all said making me and Karina laugh.

"Hahahaha hello hello. Nice to meet you girls too!" Karina responded.

"Sunbaenim, Y/N oppa is lucky to have you as his girlfriend!" Minji said as she giggled.

"Hahaha no no, I'm more lucky to have him" Karina denied making me blush as the NewJeans girls expressed their amazement towards me.

"We should hang out sometime sunbaenim! That way we can meet your other members hehe" Hanni boldly invited Karina.

"I would love to! If our schedule is free at the same time though. I guess Y/N will be the one arranging our hangouts" Karina giggled and so as the other girls.

"Hey what are you guys talking about back there?" I asked from the front, not hearing their conversation clearly.

"Nothing oppa! We were just talking about how pretty your girlfriend is" Danielle answered.

"Ok ok that's enough. It's already late, you guys should be in your bedrooms already" I said making them groan and passed me back my phone.

"Was he always this strict sunbaenim?" Minji asked Karina on the phone before handing it to me.

"Yup and thats why he's the best" Karina laughed as I proudly smiled at them making Minji roll her eyes from annoyance as a joke.

"Ok then, I have to hang up jagiya. I'll call you back later ok?" I said to Karina on the phone.

"Mhmm bye baby I love youu~. Also bye girls, I can't wait to meet you guys" Karina bid farewell to us.

"Byee sunbaenim" "Goodnight sunbaenim" the NewJeans girls replied to her excitedly still full of energy.

Right after I hung up the call, I helped them carry their things to their dorm after trying so hard to convince them. Knowing that I'm their CEO, they felt weird that I was helping them like their manager.

"Alright I guess that's all of your things. Go get a good night sleep and I'll see you girls tomorrow" I told them with a sincere smile and headed my way to the front door.

"Oppa...." Haerin softly said before I even had the chance to open the front door.

"Yes Haerin? Do you need anything" I turned around to face her.

"Can I..... have a hug before you go?" She asked hesitantly.

"Umm sure.." I also answered hesitantly not knowing her reasons as she immediately hugged me.

Not knowing what to do, I just rubbed her back hoping that Haerin hugging me would help her in whatever hardship she is having or facing silently.

She then let go of the hug after a brief minute, not saying anything, just staring at the floor.

"Haerin..." I called her to make her face me. "What's wrong?" I asked her softly.

"Nothing... I'm just glad that you're our manager" She answered with a fake smile that was obvious.

"Hae—" My words were cut off by Haerin as she suddenly waved goodbye with a smile and ran to her room.

I wondered what was going on and just shook off the thoughts as I left their dorm.