Part 8

Y/N POV

As we reached the HQ, we immediately went to Ms Mins office to discuss about the situation.

We entered her office after giving it a few knocks and sat down at the couch.

"So what do you suggest Y/N?" Ms Min immediately asked me, wasting no time.

"Firstly, we need to find the girls a new place to live in" I said.

"Already on it" Ms Min snapped her finger.

"Second, tighten security for the girls everywhere they go"

"Oh about that, I think you should live with the girls for a while. We're searching for places with enough rooms for you all" She said as I nodded.

"Sure, you girls ok with this?" I asked the NewJeans girls and they happily accepted it.

"Alright then, and last but not least, the culprit behind this. Do you guys have any leads on it?" I asked Ms Min.

"The police did an investigation on the captured intruder but boy was he a tough nut to crack" Ms Min answered me.

"Why?"

"He said someone hired him to do it by the phone so he couldn't tell who hired him....." She continued.

"Ahh I see...."

"But we do managed to track the location of the caller from the intruder's phone" She said proudly. "Now the police is preparing to 'visit' them"

"That's good news I guess" I spoke out hesitantly.

"It's good news for sure. But to be safe, you would be needed to be with the girls at all times" Ms Min instructed me as I nodded.

After a few more hours of discussions, we finally concluded the meeting and headed towards our new home where it is supposed to be more secure than before.

Packing the girl's stuffs was the hard part of the moving process. As we entered the new spacious apartment, the girls immediately gathered to discuss on the room distribution.

Apparently there were only 5 bedrooms so 2 of them would have to share rooms. After a few childish arguments, the two lucky "winners" were Haerin and Minji.

Haerin was chill about it but Minji on the other hand reacted like as if she had lost her freedom. But we know deep down Minji loves to be roommates with Haerin.

"Alright settle down guys, I'll be back in a few minutes. Just have to check a few things" I told the girls after they had gathered in the living room.

"Waahh I love this place! It's nice and clean!" Danielle exclaimed while looking at the ceiling.

"I know right! What's better is that Y/N oppa is living with us!" Hanni responded as well and then giggled.

After checking the area for potential problems, I returned to the girls who were busy touring the new dorm.

"Your schedules will be suspended until the situation gets better so for these next few days we'll have to lay low and minimise public exposure ok?" I instructed the girls as they nodded nervously.

"If you ever need to buy anything just tell me and I'll go and buy for you" I continued.

"Soo~ what should we do now?" Danielle asked as everyone looked clueless.

"Housewarming party!" Hyein excitedly said.

"That's a great idea! Can we oppa?" Minji asked me while holding my hands and showing me her puppy eyes.

"Sure....." I allowed them and they all got excited, preparing the house for the party.

"Can we invite the aespa unnies?" Hanni asked again. I like the fact that they needed my permission for everything making me chuckle.

"Of course, I mean if they're free later" I told her.

"Great! I'll go text them now" Hanni pulled out her phone and texted them in their group chat that they had created last time together.

Just as we were preparing for the party, the aespa girls agreed to come, suddenly Ms Min called me as I went to a secluded spot to pick it up.

"Hello Y/N" She said upon picking up the phone call.

"Hello what is it Ms Min?"

"The police had already went to the caller's location and what they found would surprise you" She spoke out.

"Go on" I told her.

"They found pictures of the NewJeans girls and yours too. It seems like they were planning this the whole time" She explained and that wasn't entirely surprising to me. "They also got photos of you with Karina" She continued making me nervous suddenly.

"They must be close to us to get that kind of infos" I took a guess.

"We also found an ID" she continued again giving me more shocking discoveries every time.

"And?" I waited for her response.

"It's the ID of someone working for the company that was rigging the music shows voting system"

"So you're saying that they're involved in this activity?" I spoke out.

"Exactly, so what should we do? I think we should report this immediately" Ms Min asked me.

"No no... we should hold on to this evidence and keep watching them before we proceed with our plan" I tried to play it safe and Ms Min agreed to it.

"Sounds reasonable. That's all I had to say to you. Stay safe Y/N" She ended the call.

"Oppaa!!" I heard someone calling me after the call had ended as I headed to the voice calling me.

"Ah there you are!" Hanni smiled after seeing me.

"Could you help us?" Danielle innocently asked while trying to carry cook.

"Haish okok" I sighed and took over the cooking duties.

"Yaayyy you're the best oppa!" Danielle squealed and joined the others, leaving me and Hanni working in the kitchen.

"Wow she really just left us like that" Hanni said in english, shocked by her member.

As the cooking was going on, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!!" Minji shouted and went to the door immediately. It went quiet after she said that making me nervous but then there were squealing sounds from the energetic excited girls as the worry suddenly disappeared.

Apparently aespa had arrived and Karina joined me in the kitchen with Hanni.

"Hi Hanni~" She waved and gave Hanni a hug.

"Hi unnie~ I'm glad you came!" Hanni said as they let go of the hug.

"Of course! I wanted to see you guys" Karina smiled. "Especially this guy~" She then hugged me from behind while I was busy cooking.

"Hello~ How was your day baby?" I asked and kissed her hand.

"As usual" She answered and then I turned around to kiss her but she refused by placing her finger on my lips. "Hey someone's watching" She smirked and glanced over to Hanni who was anticipating the kiss that was about to happen in front of her.

Hanni then smiled innocently making us laugh.

"I'm an adult too you know!" Hanni said like a child.

"You're still a baby Pham Hanni~" Karina teased her.

"Unnie~" She groaned as Karina laughed.

"Hahahah okok I'll stop disturbing you guys for now. Make sure the food is delicious ok?" Karina then left the kitchen to join the loud ruckus that was happening in the living room.

The house was filled with laughters as it felt very lively. After a few moments, we finally finished cooking and prepared the foods on the dining table to be served.