Chapter 4

Y/N POV

"Jagiyaa you better tell me later or else! And also one more thing, I love you more!!" The voice note sounded angry but cute at the same time as I just chuckled and sent her an emoji to annoy her more.

Timeskip

I picked up NewJeans and brought them to their schedule which was performing on a music show. The girls as usual were full of energy and I had "fun" listening to their constant rants in the van.

Upon arriving, we were greeted by camera flashes as the assistant manager opened the car door for the girls to be revealed to the fans and media. Their popularity is unbelievable knowing that they've been in this industry not that long ago.

Before I stepped out of the vehicle, I made sure to wear my sunglasses and headset for my "special condition". For those who forgot, my head still hurts when my brain takes too much information at one time.

As I tried to make my way to follow the girls into the building, I saw Haerin waiting for me with a smile.

"Are you ok?" She asked in a low tone while showing her concerned face.

I gave her a smile and a thumbs up to signal her that I'm ok as she replied back with a grin and stuck to my side like a glue walking into the building. The fans saw the cute moment and made sure to not miss the chance to capture it on their cameras and phones as it slowly garnered attention from across the social media.

Entering the building, I brought Haerin to their waiting room for their stage preparations as I proceeded to check the stage where they will be performing.

On the way there I saw a few sketchy people in suits, it looks like they were discussing something so I just let them be and did my job.

Timeskip

After the NewJeans girls had performed, their group was listed at the top 3 which leaves them a chance to grab the trophy for this week's show. They were excited to bring home a trophy after hearing that their group had a big chance to win.

In the screen, the votes did seem in favour to NewJeans so I also assumed that they had already won.

Unexpectedly out of nowhere, another group had won it. To make it more surprising, that group was not even listed in the top 3.

Everyone was shocked when the MC announced it but knowing that they were currently broadcasting, they had to clap and cheer for the winner.

"Wow that was....shocking" Danielle said in our waiting room after the whole nonsense had happened.

"I know right, they definitely had less points than us" Hanni sounded annoyed.

"Hey hey, its not like the win is important for us" Minji tried to calm down the group.

"But unnie~ that was unfair" Hyein pouted.

As the girls were busy talking about the result, I suddenly remembered about the people in suits just now. They somehow looked suspicious, maybe they had something to do with the result.

I tried to think positively about it and shook off the idea of them being the "bad guys" in the industry but as the weeks went on the same group kept winning the music shows. Even though the group was not doing well in their voting and points.

I knew something had to be done so I went to meet Ms Min to discuss about this important matter.

I got in her office and before I even get to say a word she interrupted me.

"Kinda crazy how they're doing this out in the open huh" She suddenly said making me confused.

"What was that?" I asked her.

"Oh you know about it. The results rigging. I'm pretty sure thats why you're here" She raised an eyebrow.

"O-oh yes you're correct, something has to be done and I need your opinion on it"

"Hmmm it'll be pretty hard because that company has a pretty solid fanbase within and outside of Korea" Ms Min said.

"I know they're famous and all but what they're doing is totally wrong. It's unfair to the others" I voiced out my opinion.

I briefly told her about my encounter with the suspicious group at the music shows lately.

"I have an idea!" Ms Min told me all the details on her plan.

Timeskip

I am currently having dinner with the NewJeans girls at their dorm after their dance practice at the studio.

"Oppa you cook so well! This food is next level" Hanni exclaimed as she did aespa's next level pose making everyone laugh.

"Hahahah but for real though this is the kind of food you get at 5 star restaurants!" Minji continued the compliment making me blush.

"Consider yourself lucky getting a manager like me" I joked as they laughed.

"Ooo ooh i have an idea for our next youtube content! Let's have a cook off and oppa will be the judge" Danielle suggested to the members as they find the idea exciting.

"Maybe Y/N oppa can invite Karina unnie to be our special guest too" Hyein said smiling as they all faced me.

"Uhm I'll try to ask her if she's not busy" I responded her while scratching the back of my head.

As everyone was busy blabbering about their cooking skills, I noticed that Haerin was quiet enjoying her meal.

"Haerin ah" I called her as she instantly faced me with her mouth full.

"Hmm?"

"How's the food? Is it not good?" I asked her. She only gave me her cat smile and a thumbs up.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it" I patted her head as I said that.

"Thats not fair! I want head pats too" Danielle pouted when she saw my interaction with Haerin.

"Me too" "I want one too" "My turn!" The other girls proactively asked for head pats as I sighed in defeat and pat their heads one by one. Haerin was giggling at the side watching our interaction.

After dinner was done, I told the girls that I would be going back to get some rest. They all instantly rushed to me for a group hug saying goodbye to me. It was like children's saying goodbye to their dad.

Then I noticed that one member was missing as I took a glance at the back and you guessed it right, it was Haerin. This shy kitten is so cute watching her fellow member's every action.

"Come here you" I opened my arms wide open after the other girls let go of me.

She slowly approached me smiling and then accepted the hug, saying goodbye to me.

"Have a good rest girls, you have more practice tomorrow. I'll text you when I'm coming to pick you up. Byeee" I waved my hands and left their dorm.