Part 9

Y/N POV

We were all enjoying the food and snacks prepared for us while sharing jokes and chats in between happily. The NewJeans and aespa girls were seemingly getting along very well with each other, it's like a long lost sibling reunion.

"Unnie I think there's something on your face" Minji said pointing towards Giselle's face.

"Where?" Giselle tried hard to locate where she was pointing.

"Oh never mind.. it was just your beautiful face" Minji casually said making everyone in the room squeal from the cheesiness.

"You did not just did that!" Danielle said with a shocked face as everyone laughed.

As I was busy eating with the help of Karina spoon-feeding me like a baby. Haerin who was also seating beside me suddenly showed me her phone, giggling cutely.

"Oppa take a look at these!" She excitedly showed me a video of a frog dancing as I joined her laugh.

"Ooh there's another one!" She showed me again as she scrolled down her social media resulting in another laughing spree. The laughing doesn't stop as we went deeper in her feed.

"Your algorithm is very weird Haerin ah" I said trying to make her express her feelings more cause to be honest this was the most expressive she has been with me ever since I met her.

"No wayy~ I bet yours is more weird" She smirked at me. Feeling the competitive energy pulsing, I immediately pulled out my phone.

"Take a look yourself" I cockily gave her my phone as she took it instantly while giving me a curious face.

"Wow it's filled with Jimin unnie" Haerin surprised by my social media feed as she kept scrolling down and then looked at Karina who was busy munching with a cute shocked face.

Karina then realised the stare as she gave us a questioning look, Haerin then showed her my phone which was filled with Karina pictures. I gave Karina a thumbs up proudly as Karina just gave me smooch and continued chatting with the other girls.

"I guess you win this time" Haerin rolled her eyes jokingly and we laughed.

"Wait what's that?" I realised something out of the blue on my feed. "Isn't that Ms Min?" I then pressed the post showing the CEO's face.

"What is it?" Haerin asked as we both got closer to the phone screen to read the article.

'ADOR CEO MIN HEE JIN UNDER FIRE IN RECENT NEWS' the headline stated.

"Uhm you shouldn't be reading this" I pulled my phone and shut it down hoping that Haerin wouldn't be affected by this.

"Why? What did CEO-nim do?" Haerin asked with her puppy eyes.

"I don't know too but don't think too much about it! It's our job to worry not yours ok?" I patted her head as she replied with a nod and smile.

I honestly didn't know about it too but the issue seems big that I planned to contact her later after this little party of ours if I had time.

Several hours has passed and the girls seemed to have settled down a bit. My girlfriend and her members had already gone back home being picked up by their manager. I didn't realise that the NewJeans girls were reading the recent articles about Ms Min.

"Hey why is it so quiet in here?" I asked and chuckled.

"Is it true?" Minji asked me back in a sad tone.

"True? What true?" I had no idea what she was talking about.

"This" She then showed her phone of an article about Ms Min.

"Uhm I really don't know anything about that but what I do know is that you girls don't have to worry about it" I gave them a smile. "I will try my best to help the situation"

"You're the best oppa!" Hanni said, giving me the warmest smile. The rest of them also smiled laying their trust on me.

"It's already late you guys should go get some rest" I ordered them as they obliged and went to their respective rooms.

"Oppa...." Someone tapped my arm from behind. Turning around, Haerin stood while looking at me.

"Thank you for today" She thanked me out of nowhere.

"Eh? Why thank me? It was your member's idea throwing a party, not mine" I chuckled.

"Noo....I just felt grateful that you care so much about us.....I finally feel like I have someone to rely on besides my members" She continued as her head stooped lower.

"I'm glad you feel like that Haerin ah. I will protect you girls no matter what happens" I said as she faced me, revealing her teary eyes.

"Yah why are you crying" I held on to her shoulders, panicking why she suddenly looked like this.

Haerin POV

My vision became blurry by the tears coming out of my eyes feeling the sincerity of Y/N Oppa's words. I hardly express my feelings to anyone but somehow with Y/N Oppa it became the opposite.

Without thinking much, I went ahead and hugged Y/N Oppa without saying a word.

"Wh- what are you doing Haerin ah? Is there something wrong?" Y/N Oppa worriedly asked.

"It's nothing" I said sniffling. "Thank you for coming into our lives" I let go of the hug and thanked him once again.

"Aigoo this baby is gonna make me cry too" He smiled and then ruffled my hair. "You should go get some sleep, I know you are tired from the party just now" He bent down and said while holding onto my shoulders as I nodded and headed back to my room.

"Goodnight oppa"

"Goodnight Haerin ah"