Chapter 3

Emrys POV

I had taken the unconscious kid to the Infirmary's Wounded Bay. Annie had protested quite a lot, but I knew we couldn't leave the guy with Annie for long. You can't leave anyone with Annie for long. With my lovely ability to see certain energies, I could see the kid we brought in was drenched in Shadöric Energy. It was almost like, well, he was creating it. That's rare, and quite frankly, dangerous. But the kid was asleep, and Annie would probably kill him. So he was put in the Wounded Bay.
As I'm just sitting down with another patient (My Gods guys, stop getting sick!) There's a rustle of fabric and the steady beat of a heart monitor flatlines.
Hurrying, I drop my pliers, muttering a quick apology to the poor mutant who still had a glass shard stuck in his arm. He weakly rolled his eyes. What? I had a job to do!
Rushing into the sick bay, I was more than slightly startled when I stumbled upon an empty cot. Like, we had him in fricking restraints. So imagine my surprise (and unhappiness) when an arm comes around my neck, nearly crushing my windpipe, and he growls in my ear:
"You have a pretty shadow."
WHAT THE FRICKING HELL! Ocrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!
As I'm wheezing, my hand fumbles against the wall, at least until I find the button I'm looking for. And as the emergency alarm sounds throughout the school, all I can hear is the mystery boy's dark chuckle as he tosses me through the wall.
"This is is all you're fault, Annie!" Goes through my head before I make contact with the plaster.
I pass out.
-------------
Erginflurgin

-writers