Bitter truth

"I love you Ann!"

He confessed, with his chest rising and falling, holding on to her hands, nervous unlike him. She looked at him for the longest time, unable to move, unable to say a word. She then saw a line of worry appear on his forehead. His eyebrows furrowed. She knew what he was about to ask her. If she felt the same way about him?

Did she feel the same way about him? No one has ever uttered those sweet words to her...no one...No one but him and she wanted to respond...She wanted to scream out loud and tell him that she did too...But then if she really did love him would she have chosen to keep lying to him? Would she have chosen herself over him?

A tear escaped her eyes—A tear of regret. She kissed him. She kissed him until she was breathless...Until, she raked his hair in her fingers...Until she involuntarily was sitting on his lap, crumbling the collars of his shirt in her fist.

They both lied down on the blanket that was covering the soft grass. He put one arm under his head, and Ann, snuggled on to his chest staring at the dusky sky, that was now filling up with stars and a prominent crescent moon. He kept playing with her hair, as she observed the starry heavens. He turned to his side, and cradled his arm around her. He was drawing comforting circles on her bare back, and she felt the small hairs on her body stand up. She kept stroking his jaw feeling his stubble.

"Ann...I...I want to kiss you...All of you...If...If it's okay with you..."

His ear tips had turned crimson, and he looked shy like a school boy. Ann smiled, and placed a kiss on the back of his hand. She glided it down to her waist and his grip tightened around her.

She didn't stop him when his hands slid through the open back of her dress, and landed on her supple breast. She winced a little when his kisses deepened than before. He kissed her as if she was the last drop of water in the dessert. Every breath of his, every touch, made her shiver. Then succumbing to his desires he started to trail her down with kisses. He kissed the edge of her jaw, her neck and hovered over the hollow spot just above the collarbone. Her pulse weakened. Her breath shallowed. Soft winces escaped her lips...He lingered on the same spot when her hands entwined with his.

He moved down, and he kissed the bare skin on top of her breast. Her nails dug into his shoulders when his lips touched her already pebbled nipples through the silk. Soon his stubble was gracing the silky skin of her inner thighs. He kissed every inch of her skin that felt like smooth butter. Enamoured by the taste of her skin, he nuzzled on. His sweet lips almost reached the most intimate parts of her. He was desperate to taste all of her.

"Shiv...I..." she hesitated. Sensing the tremble beneath her skin, and how cold her hands had become, he moved back up and cradled her in his arms. He placed a kiss on her temple.

"I...I am sorry...I went too far..." he rasped against her neck holding on to his last bit of self restraint.

"No...I...I am sorry..." She snuck her head back on her chest and tears started to pool.

"Hey...Why are you crying? You never have to say sorry to me...ever...You get that?..."

"I...I..."

"Shhhh...." He hugged her.

She wanted to be with him. To be loved by him. She loved him.

"It's just...You are angelic..." He said with a sigh his fingers tracing her lips.

"I...I am no angel...will you still love me if I am not who you think I am?" Her lips quivered as she muttered in a broken voice.

He closed his eyes,and pressed his lips against hers. At first she didn't respond. She froze. She didn't even know when she started responding to it. Her lips parted giving him access. He pulled away to take a breath as she kissed him with a passion that was intoxicating.