Rain X Reader (2)

*NOTE* ~ I am sooo sorry this took so long!.
Ericka-the-dhampir
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was always your dream to battle the greats when it came to Mortal Kombat, back home everybody made fun of your power saying it would only make you weak because it involved plants....until you heard about one man named Rain, his powers also revolved around nature.

This was your mission, to find him, force him to fight you and when you won your victory you would make him show all of his secrets then you would be even more powerful!.

"How dare they call me weak..." You muttered to yourself.

Looking around you sighed seeing that Earth wasn't as it used to be....so much has changed....
Entering through a town, your face hidden behind a mask you'd made...You began your journey.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
SMALL TIMESKIP
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Your eyes widened in surprise, a man that heavily fit into the descriptions of Rain was standing just a few feet away from you- you hid your face once more, approaching with caution, you stopped your tracks as another rival had beaten you to a challenge with him...
Deciding that it would be better this way, since you would get to see his powers- you allowed this minor obstacle and watched in slight awe as Rain defeated the random competitor.

Rain looked over to you, and lightly smiled.
"Well?. How did I do?."
You felt your mouth gape open, luckily your mask was there to shield it, that would have been a bit embarrassing.
Rain chuckled, and positioned himself into a fighting stance.
"Took you long enough."
Rain said as you positioned yourself into your own fighting stance.

You furrowed your eyebrows, feeling slightly confused.
"You knew I've been searching for you?."
Rain made the first move, but it wasn't directed towards you- he was just simply showing off a power, you looked over feeling even more confused.
"Aren't you going to fight me?."
Rain shook his head.
"You've come here with the intent of violence...you're angry but not at me...something else I assume?."

You hesitantly shook your head.
"Maybe...why? What does that matter?."
Rain held a hand out for you to shake.
"What is your name?."
"It's...it's...just call me...Belladonna...."
You accepted the handshake.
"Instead of fighting...why don't I take you on as a partner instead?.
Rain asked.

"Why would you do that?..."
You were starting to feel a little conflicted now with the original plan that you had made....
"If you hadn't noticed, we have a problem...the infection is getting rough as of lately and well....while I've never seen you in action before, I feel you would make great for an alliance..."

You looked to the ground humming in thought....
"Hm....Maybe...."