6

Daphne Greengrass was a surprising but pleasant addition to Eliza's court. The icy blonde was quick witted, sharp and fit in perfectly with their personalities balancing Eliza and Theo's reclusive ways. She had jumped Malfoy's sinking ship after that night and joined her court the next morning. Eliza found that Daphne was far better at explaining pureblood customs than Blaise or Theo and as her family were aligned with the neutrals she offered interesting perspectives Eliza hadn't thought of before.

And it was nice to have another girl around.

Over the past few weeks Daphne had slowly been teaching her various cosmetic charms and even charms that could tame Eliza's wild Potter hair. Like now, as she and her court were discussing what they should implement in Slytherin next, her thick black hair was braided back in a fish-tail plait keeping out of her eyes. She had been unsure at first, although not too concerned with appearances she knew the sight of the long silvery scar running down her face made some people nervous. But Daphne had eradicated her nerves with a well-placed intimidating glare and Eliza had quieted all her protests.

"It's been two weeks since I took over, if they don't see me act now I'll be fighting off vultures my entire reign and I simply can't be bothered with that" Eliza said from her seat at the table. Her court had found a disused classroom in the dungeons a week ago and after some in depth cleaning charms and a few well-placed transfigurations the room had become a workable 'office' in a way.

"Your work ethic is admirable" Theo says drily from her left and Daphne shoots him a glare still unused to being so casual around Eliza.

Blaise rolled his eyes at the both of them turning his dark eyes onto Eliza.

"Well what do you want to introduce? It would be best to start with something simple that can be achieved well and quickly if you want to prove yourself an effective leader" Blaise explained and Eliza scrunched her nose. She didn't want to start simple, she was better than that.

"Or Eliza could introduce something ambitious, still succeed and consolidate her position as ruler" Daphne countered tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"That" Eliza said pointing in Daphne's direction "I like that"

Blaise groaned banging his head on the table.

"I was afraid you'd say that" he said, the words muffled. Theo sighed softly at the other boys dramatics and turned his gaze onto her.

"Okay Eliza what ideas have you got because I know you have some somewhere"

Eliza grinned and pulled out her notebook, what once used to contain her magic experiments now contained various ways to improve Slytherin.

"Well I was thinking" Eliza began outlining her plans. Her notebook got passed around the table as she spoke and her plans were either scrapped, revised or put aside for a later date.

"I'd set that one aside until we're a bit older Eliza, it would be hard to implement as first-years" Daphne spoke gesturing to the page.

"There's nothing to say I'll still be leader then" Eliza pointed out smirking when all three shot her derisive looks and went straight back to planning.

She really loved her court.

As February faded into April Eliza introduced more and more plans to her cohort of Slytherin's under the watchful eye of Rowle. Most of her ideas were met with acceptance and even glee in some cases. For Slytherin first years, although it would really begin with next year's firsties, Eliza had introduced a 'buddy system' After what had happened to Blaise earlier that year Eliza didn't want to take any chances and as such unless it really couldn't be avoided no Slytherin would walk around the castle alone in case of any attacks. She had even gone as far as to suggest that next year if they happened to gain a muggle raised or muggleborn student they should pair them up with a pureblood who could explain their customs and educate them.