7

Dear Eliza,

I know you said that you wouldn't be able to reply to us this summer but that won't stop me from sending letters to you instead.

I have to admit I have missed Italy although I'm sure it's going to take me a while to get used to the cold Scottish weather again when I return. I can't believe our first year at Hogwarts went so quickly. Mother was very pleased to learn that I am already a member of the underclassmen court although now she has started dating again i.e. looking for prospective victims I don't see her much.

I never thought I would miss you all but the longer these summer holidays drag on the more I am willing to trade my favourite Italian pastries to spend an hour in your company, I know you are most likely rolling your eyes at me but as you can't reply I may be as dramatic as I like

Counting down the days until we are reunited

Blaise

~

Dear Eliza,

The summer holidays are dragging on for me and I simply have to assume they are for you too in the muggle world. Grandfather is out most days attending to business which I can't decide is a good or bad thing. I don't think I have ever been more aware of how lonely our family manor is until now when I have become used to the hustle and bustle of the common rooms. I am missing my chess partner.

I hope that you are coming up with further ways to improve our house standing no matter what you're doing, I know you've probably already finished your homework. I can't wait for the content to get harder just to see you struggle, just a bit. It would be nice to see you fall to the same standards as us lowly mortals.

Wishing you the best,

Theo

~

Dear Eliza,

I do so wish you weren't shunted off into the muggle world over summer. Mother's holding the summer gala this year and it would be lovely if you could have attended. After all your company is certainly better than the twittering dullards I am forced to put up with instead. I never truly appreciated just how long six weeks are until now when I want them to be finished.

I love my family but I think I may love Hogwarts just that bit more. Astoria keeps begging me for stories and even though we bicker I can't wait for her to join us at Hogwarts, I know you would love her.

I know you won't respond but I did hear something that might interest you. Rumour has it that Draco has landed himself in a rather large amount of trouble. Apparently his father is incredibly disappointed that he lost his standing in court to 'that wretched potter girl' and that even his grades are below a filthy mudblood. Draco is slowly becoming the Malfoy disappointment.

They really should learn not to air their family's dirty laundry in public places but I certainly won't be the one to tell them.

I miss you, even Blaise and Theo, and I can't wait till we see each other again

Yours,

Daphne

~

Dear Eliza,

Happy birthday my creepy little Slytherin. I will keep this message short no matter how much it pains me. I hope the muggles don't get you down and that you enjoy the gift

Yours,

Blaise

~

Dear Eliza,

First of all happy birthday, I want you to know that I went through great pains to get this book for you because all of your extra-curricular reading is morally dubious at best and actually illegal at worst.