CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

ELLA GILMORE

My life is complete chaos every since Adelaide got kidnapped. My dad pretends he's not affected by Adelaide kidnapping but is brooding in his office and not sleeping. I caught him on multple occasion sitting in the kitchen with a bottle of tequilla in front of him. He thinks I don't know mostly, because I sneak up upstairs before he could see me.

I hate seeing him like this but, little part of me is happy he is suffering. I hate that part of me. I'm so fucking mad at him for letting her get kidnapped. So, I have been hanging out with Uncle Jack. The person my dad hates most in the world. The uncle I didn't even know existed until now. Apparently, my family is part of the Mafia and never thought I should know until now.

I sit in the kitchen with my uncle while he tells me all about my family. He makes them sound like fucking super heros but, I know better than. The villians always dress themselves as heros. I have no desire to actually meet my family. Especially, after thinking tahat they might be the reason why Adelaide was kidnapped. I have a sneaking suspection that they did.

My dad walks into the kitchen. He's eyes to go to me and then Jack. Jack turns around and meets my dad's eyes. "Good morning Carter. Did you sleep well?"

His eyes turn fiery. I can tell something happen between the two but I can't tell what. There's always this crushing pressure every time their in a room together.

"Yes, I did," Dad responded, knowing he didn't sleep a wink last night. He was pretending everything was fine when it wasn't. I don't think he wants to worry me but everything is already abnormal.

"Dad" he turned towards me. "I'm going to Adelaide apartment,"

"No" he shouts taking me by surprise.

"No?" I questioned him. It pains him to even talk about Adelaide. So I try and avoid talking about Adelaide but I am not going to stop my world to please him.

"I said, No Ella, and don't make me say it again."

Why the fuck is he acting so weird? He can't tell me what to do. I'm going to go anyway. I need to feel closer to her. I need to feel her presence. "I wasn't asking your permission. I was telling you," I stated.

"Ella don't make me tell you again!" he shouts back at me.

"Why don't you want me to go to my best friend's house? Is it because it was hers and your sex house? The place you were using to sleep with her behind my back?" I screamed at him. He was taking back.

I didn't think I was angry about Adelaide and Carter but, maybe I was holding some resentment. I don't want to be mad at her but God, I am. She's my best friend and she fucked my dad behind my back. My dad of all people in the world.

I'm also mad at my father but, for two reasons:
1. He fucked my best friend and got her kidnapped. 2. He's probably going to break her heart.

My dad has always been a heartbreaker. He never stays with one girl. I don't want him to hurt Adelaide. I don't want to lose my best friend. My boyfriend, Ethan has been supportive but,  I have been avoiding him ever since Adelaide left. I can't deal until Adelaide is back. I need her to be here, for me to be able to scream at her and hug her.

There's a silence in the room. My dad is fumbling for words. I don't have any more left to give him. I take my purse off the table and walk out the door.

"Ella," my dad calls behind me. I don't even look back.

~

I'm standing in front of Adelaide's apartment. I'm too scared to walk in. I'll be confronted by all of it,  all at once. Their fucking sex house. Does she know the damage she cost? Does she even care?

I opened the door and walked in. Everything was as it left. It looks as if no one has lived here in years.  There are dishes in the sink, there's clothes all over the floor. I walk towards the clothes and bent down to grab one off the floor. This was my dad's jacket. I drop it to the floor.

Then, I fell to the floor sobbing. I don't even know why I'm crying. I'm so fucking angry it hurts. I'm so fucking angry at Adelaide and my dad. I let out a loud scream picked up the clothes on the floor and threw them down.

God. I wish I wasn't angry. I wish none of this even happened. I looked up at the sky like she could hear me.

Why did you fuck my dad Adelaide? Did you love him? Did he take advantage of you? We're you even going to tell me? When did this start? Did you have a crush on for a long time?

A million questions spinning in my head and the only person I can to ask them is Aide. I miss you Aide. Come back. I'll do anything if you just come back to me.

It's useless. I know that. I let myself hope Aide will come back to me. That my dad will bring her back to me. Who am I without my best friend?